Not SVT, but you guys will like it

4camV8

Established Member
My buddy's 87 notch, that we changed from an auto 4 to a tremec'd, supercharged 302. Stock bottom end w/ 220,000 miles, made 417 rwhp, 430 tq with no tune, mass air that's too small, and injectors that are too small.
notchtop.jpg

notchengine.jpg
notchgauge.jpg

Check out the rest of the car @ its website

SVTBen

Ahhhrrrgggg!!!!!! No!!! Its the Paxton SN2000!! No offense, but that is the biggest POS blower ever! This baby is good for a nice 55-60hp increase on cold days, but this unit was VERY poorly engineered. I had mine in my 92 5.0 GT go out after 2 weeks of use, Paxton's customer service sucks big time, they rebuilt my blower under warranty and it died again in the next month, then they shipped it back to me damaged, and tried to blame it on me. The Vortex series blowers are way better, the only good thing about this Paxton is that is gives instant bottom end power unlike the Vortex or Powerdyne. The Paxton NOVI Series is the way to go if you got the cash. <rant mode off> Nice car though! Gotta love boosted 5.0's. I had a bone stock 92 5.0 GT with full exhaust/shorty headers and the Paxton, I smoked anybody I ever raced at least while the blower was working. Man I miss my 5.0 stang. :(

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by SVTBen
Ahhhrrrgggg!!!!!! No!!! Its the Paxton SN2000!! No offense, but that is the biggest POS blower ever! This baby is good for a nice 55-60hp increase on cold days, but this unit was VERY poorly engineered. I had mine in my 92 5.0 GT go out after 2 weeks of use, Paxton's customer service sucks big time, they rebuilt my blower under warranty and it died again in the next month, then they shipped it back to me damaged, and tried to blame it on me. The Vortex series blowers are way better, the only good thing about this Paxton is that is gives instant bottom end power unlike the Vortex or Powerdyne. The Paxton NOVI Series is the way to go if you got the cash. <rant mode off> Nice car though! Gotta love boosted 5.0's. I had a bone stock 92 5.0 GT with full exhaust/shorty headers and the Paxton, I smoked anybody I ever raced at least while the blower was working. Man I miss my 5.0 stang. :(

None taken. We realized shortly after buying that blower that it's limitations are many. Not the least of which is that it's pullied for 9psi and only ever sees 6psi max. But Matt bought it college when money was tight. It's the trick flow goodies that are making the power on that car. The blower is just a little extra bonus.

SNCBOOM

Established Member
Beautiful car...I love the color kinda reminds me of an old Georgia State Patrol car :thumbsup: gotta love a notch

ImnotaCrook

Established Member
Nice car. May I inquire about what trick flow components you have put on it. I am dropping a 5.0 into my fiance's once v6 95 mustang and was wondering what I could do to it to make a little more power. I would like to shoot for 300HP.

TwoValveKid

Uh oh.....
Established Member
i might be selling my 99..buying a cheap beater car then buying a nice little notch...a blower...and a forged 331 short block and add some trick flow goodies :D

4camV8

Established Member
Originally posted by ImnotaCrook
Nice car. May I inquire about what trick flow components you have put on it. I am dropping a 5.0 into my fiance's once v6 95 mustang and was wondering what I could do to it to make a little more power. I would like to shoot for 300HP.

The car has Trick flow heads, stage 1 cam, and street heat intake for the big goodies. Also Trick flow 1.6:1 roller rockers. The top end is beefed up with ARP studs and other hardware.

Users who are viewing this thread