o2 sensor locations different on 04 vs 01?

cobra4v04

Established Member
I just got around to putting on a MAC o/r pipe on my 04' Cobra, I had it on my 01' Cobra and it was a good fit.

My 04' Cobra has the rear o2 sensors in a completely different location than my 01' Cobra. My 04' Cobra has the rear o2 sensors located just behind the forward cats on the stock H-pipe, the front and rear sensors are only about a foot apart on the stock setup, they are only separated by the front catalyst.

Am I going to have any tune problems since my MAC H-pipe I'm using has the rear sensor locations much farther back, just behind the transmission crossmember.

When I planned on doing this exhaust I went ahead and bought o2 sensor extension harnesses along with the MIL eliminators. Turns out I only needed the extension on the passenger side, for the driver side I cut the black plastic bracket off the factory main harness and moved it back about 2 inches and faced it towards the rear and zip tied everything back together. This allowed me to use the extra extension harness for the driver side forward o2 sensor as it was about a 1/2 inch shy of being able to click into the main harness on the bell housing.

Is there any problem with using the harness on the forward sensors?

Users who are viewing this thread