OEM wheel touch up paint?

chuckstang

Established Member
Anyone know the paint code and where to find?

This is for the factory 18x8" wheels on the 2011 GT 5.0.

It is some shade of metallic silver.

Also, is it worth it, I never like touch up paint for the cars finish but figured it should work well on a wheel?

Torch10th

I make hits
Established Member
Unless you are showing this car a the Pebble Beach Concourse, nobody will ever see and or ding you for that. It's seriously minute.

However with as small as it is almost any metallic silver near the same shade would probably do.

chuckstang

Established Member
Thanks but does anyone know the paint code or where to buy?

I expect many more paint chips and feel that pretty soon there could be many more chips and some proper wheel touch up paint would be a great investment but I cant find it anywhere!

thanks

texaswrx

Established Member
While I don't know the paint code for the wheel, I can give you some advise. In the past, I have found finger nail polish works fine, for less. It may take a few tries to get the match, but it works. There is a plethora of colors, and there are several metallic silvers out there. I used it for a bronze wheel years ago. Just sharing another option.

chuckstang

Established Member
Note to self-
Never try rushing to put your wheel back on as it gets dark out and YOU CAN BARELY FREAKING SEE lol

I know body shops will refinish/paint an entire wheel for big money but was hoping it would be as simple as getting OE touch up paint like you can for your finish. Although I got to admit, using the touch paint on your finish never has looked good to me any way IMO so Im sure the wheel would be no different :/

It sucks being anal over your car!

Users who are viewing this thread