Off road X pipe ?

bender460

Established Member
Ok guys bare with me here this is my first injected stang. I tried a search but had too many hits. I'm going to get an off road X pipe and need to know what I need to do to run the X pipe. As far as the EGR system, the check engine light. Is there an EGR tube I need to do some thing with? Any responses would be great.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
Bender,
If you are going to do a CHIP anytime soon.. they program them to handle the rear O2 sensors.. so you wouldn't need the Mil Elims. I'm going to keep mine if I have to pull my chip and run without it for several days.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
i just put an off road X on (VRS) a couple of days ago, and so far no check engine light. although i have heard it takes some miles before the light comes up. all i did was keep the battery off while doing the xpipe.

ArizonaSnake

Established Member
That's the funny part about the CEL and the Mils... On my 2001 it took about 6 miles for them to go on. Ford reset them for me and it went back on in about 10 miles. So I did the Mil Elims... and it cleared by itself. With the Mil Elims on the 2003 from jumpstreet no issues.

46stang

Established Member
be prepared for a loud exhaust!!! The O/R X-pipe is real loud especially when combined with an aftermarket catback! I would suggest getting a chip to turn off the rear o2 sensors! Your going to want to get one anyway and it allways works! I've heard several people complain on the net about the mil eliminators not working!
Leon

Users who are viewing this thread