Oil Breather Cap???

icehoc8

Established Member
Do any of you guys have pics of your or other oil breather caps? Does my chip need to be reburned if one is installed? Do they help much on hp/tq? Thanks

DR.D

Established Member
Question??

Why do you install oil breathers? Do the L engines have closed ventilation? I don't know anything about these new engines. Does the crankcase build up pressure or something 'cause I notice a lot of owners install breathers.

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
icehoc8 -
Do any of you guys have pics of your or other oil breather caps? Does my chip need to be reburned if one is installed? Do they help much on hp/tq? Thanks
I believe there are pics of this down in the JDM forum. Last I heard you have to have your chip burned for this so you don't throw a lean code. I wouldn't expect to see and hp or tq gain from this.

DR.D -
Why do you install oil breathers? Do the L engines have closed ventilation? I don't know anything about these new engines. Does the crankcase build up pressure or something 'cause I notice a lot of owners install breathers.
They are putting these on to help stop oil from being pulled into the TB. Some feel that the oil is being pulled in during hard acceleration and some feel it is being forced in during deceleration. I'm not sure which it is but I do know that I do get oil in the boot at the TB on my '00.

DR.D

Established Member
FLASVT-thanks, seems I'll need to get one. Something to remember,and I'm sure I'll get to the same point some day, there will be people showing up who like the Ls but don't know all the tricks. I appreciate the help and plan to help anyone who gets here after me when I can and as I learn.

Users who are viewing this thread