oil in air filter box

shelbygt350s

Established Member
I own 2000L at 5000 miles had oil changed at dealer and they found oil in air filter box ,ford told them to suck some oil out of engine ,it did help but still does it ,ford says no one else has this problem they are blowing me off about this I talked to a SVT eng at a local mustang show and his answer was buy a 2001 .he did pass on to the lighning eng at ford but they haven't done anything yet. has anyone had this problem thanks

Last edited by a moderator:

Litenin75

Established Member
Some people have noticed that they have oil in their intakes. I guess it is possible for it to get to the filter area, but very rare. It is caused during rapid decelartion because there is to much pressure in the oil compartment. Get an oil breather cap, solves all the problems. Part #M-6766-N303 at your local SVT dealer.

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
Sal or Spiro have posted that 5 1/2 qts. in the crankcase helps/fixes oil building up in the throttle plate area. Don't know about in the 'filter' area.

I went the 'oil breather cap' route but got Lightningforce's cap and JDM's chip that is tuned for the cap.

Btw, a LS1 Camaro friend saw my cap at the strip and wanted to know all about it. It seems that LS1s are using excessive amounts(quart per 1,500-2,000 miles) of oil and trying all sorts of 'trickery' to solve their problem. He wanted to know if the cap caused oil to spray around the eng. compartment---No, it doesn't.

Dan

Struck in AZ

Established Member
Lightninrod - How much was the oil breather cap from Lightningforce? How does it look compared to JDM's?

How much is the SVT oil breather cap and how does it compare to JDM's?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

LIGHTNINROD

Established Member
Struck:

Originally posted by Struck in AZ
Lightninrod - How much was the oil breather cap from Lightningforce? How does it look compared to JDM's?

I think it was $30 something--nice aluminum 'hub' that 'screws' into the oil cap tube(like the cap does)--an air filter(k&n type) presses into the top of this 'hub'--haven't seen JDM's--probably similar?

Dan

How much is the SVT oil breather cap and how does it compare to JDM's?

Thanks in advance,

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread