*(#)*%( Oil Seperator Piping broken!, need help ASAP (PICS INSIDE)

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
So last nite my Idle would start to get rough every now and then...it would drop to around 550rpm and lope up and down, sounded like I had cams. So I thought a hose was loose. I popped the hood and THIS IS WHAT I SAW

DSCN2096.jpg

DSCN2095.jpg

DSCN2094.jpg

I dont know how the hell it broke but as you can see the hose/connector didnt just fall off the peice actually broke! Now as I popped the hood the 90 degree hose was still attached to the oil filtering thing, but it blew apart at that broken peice that plugs into my valve cover/head. what the hell do I do? :cuss:

Last edited:

Fade 2 Black

Gen 2 Diehard
Established Member
As much as I hate to post this you could use some electrical tape and zip ties as a temporary fix until you can get new parts from a store or dealer. It looks like you can repair it enough to drive just not crazy on the throttle. You may be able to peice together some air hose parst or vacuum HELP! parts to make it work as well. Good luck.

Craig Mack

Lightning > Cobra > Max
Established Member
thanks for the reply, Fade 2 Black

I feel like an idiot n00b. I went to a local stealership and he searched for a while and eventually found a little "T" connector that replaced the one that broke in my engine, and also found a 90 degree elbow to hook the pipe to my oil seperator. It WAS going to cost me $35 for all the parts but the guy was cool as shit and loved my truck and only charged me $12.

It runs perfectly, no more lope at idle and everything runs smooth.

venomous

snapping like a squirrel
Established Member
Man I never used an noil seperator....an easier way is to cap of the line at the intake, then run a line from the pvc on the pass valve cover to the line that goes to the back of the engine....remove the T and put a single line in. Worked perfect for me on my 01 L when I had it

Users who are viewing this thread