ok gotta question for mach 1 owners

2002bolt

Established Member
Well today i proceded to drop my friend off at the local goodyear tire center when one of the employees asks me if i want to run my truck. So i told him sure, why not. I have always wanted to see how much truck compares to a mach 1. He then proceeds to tell me how stock my truck will only run low 14s and with my mods i will run 13.8 if i hooked good. My mods on my 02L include: 4lb lower pulley, psp high flow filter with ram air, electric fan kit, B.O.P ECU reflash, traction bars. I just snickered. And then i proceded to ask him his mods, and he told me a filter and cat back. My question is what will a mach 1 run with those mods, and then what would the times be if he had slicks, he told me he pulled a 1.6 60ft and ran a 12.7. I just dont see how he can pull that 60ft time with no traction bars. I know these cars are fast but the way he was talking about my truck i think he was blowing a little smoke. Can you guys shed some light on you cars. thanks

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
with your mods i see you running mid 12's, a little faster if you add sticky tires.
the mach 1 5sp with his mods will go anywhere between 13 flat to 13.5 depending on the driver. when you add tires to the mix you can subract 2 or 3 tenths from the time.
with dr's i have seen 1.7 and 1.8 60 times. with et streets it should not be hard to hit 1.6. if his story is true he is a good driver and about the times i would expect him to run.

someone with a chip pulley 4.30 gears and 28 inch slicks ran a 12.29 at 108 just recently. this mach 1 is very close to 300 hp at the wheels.
if you can drive i expect you to take him be a tenth or two. also i believe stock lightnings are able to run mid 13's, and i have heard they hook pretty well. have fun.

IMachU

Established Member
Actually, I've seen a stock Mach with stickies get high 12's, but the driver was pretty close to perfessional (sic)! But, with your mods and drivers being equal, I think the Mach would have you off the line, BARELY, and then it's your race the rest of the way. But, just bench racin', so take it for what it's worth!

Dave

2002bolt

Established Member
i am working on getting some sticker tires. I have no idea how good of driver he is but i guess i will try and find out. From the numbers i have read about i have seen stock mach 1s put out about 278-287. Are they really putting out 300?

IMachU

Established Member
Mine is stock, and the HP and TQ in the sig are sae, rear wheel numbers. Ford ratred these at 305 bhp, but most are getting 315-325 bhp (at the flywheel). Mine, plus 16% correction for the drive train power loss, is 321 bhp.

Hope this answers your question....if not, I'm a:loser:

cobra186

Stang Trader
Established Member
Being that I have both a 'L' and Mach, I say you should win hands down on the street by at least 2car lengths with your mods and his. At the track if he can drive good and leaves hard on slicks it will be a close race. The Mach really needs 4.10 or 4.30 gears to get them going deep into the 12's on street tires.

I beat a lot of faster cars in my 'L' from a stop mainly just because the trucks hooks up good. Mine always just squatted and went while the comp. just spin their tires at launch.

Also Lightnings really like the cooler weather :rockon:

ON D BIT

Finish First
Established Member
Originally posted by 2002bolt
i am working on getting some sticker tires. I have no idea how good of driver he is but i guess i will try and find out. From the numbers i have read about i have seen stock mach 1s put out about 278-287. Are they really putting out 300?

the guy that ran 12.29 with the gears had a few other mods. that put him around 300 at the wheels.
a good driver in mach 1 with the catback, filter, and tires can record a 12.7 or .8 time in the 1/4 mile. an average driver with those mods will be around 13 flat. like i said before your mods should put you in the mid 12's a couple tenths in front of the mach 1. :rockon:

2002bolt

Established Member
Thanks guys, i thought i knew something about the mach 1, this guys had me and my buddy cracking up. He was way too cocky about his car. I like these cars a lot, i am trying to talk my gf into getting one. They had a yellow 03 for 23K, Do you guys think that is a good price?

TX Mach 1

Baby Haulin'
Established Member
That's not a bad price but the 04's are out. You can negotiate a little more. Having an L and a Mach is a very good thing :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Peter

Established Member
Originally posted by TX Mach 1
That's not a bad price but the 04's are out. You can negotiate a little more. Having an L and a Mach is a very good thing :thumbsup:

Looks great! Now all you need is a red Cobra!

Pete:thumbsup:

Angus

Established Member
Well today i proceded to drop my friend off at the local goodyear tire center when one of the employees asks me if i want to run my truck. So i told him sure, why not. I have always wanted to see how much truck compares to a mach 1. He then proceeds to tell me how stock my truck will only run low 14s and with my mods i will run 13.8 if i hooked good. My mods on my 02L include: 4lb lower pulley, psp high flow filter with ram air, electric fan kit, B.O.P ECU reflash, traction bars. I just snickered. And then i proceded to ask him his mods, and he told me a filter and cat back. My question is what will a mach 1 run with those mods, and then what would the times be if he had slicks, he told me he pulled a 1.6 60ft and ran a 12.7. I just dont see how he can pull that 60ft time with no traction bars. I know these cars are fast but the way he was talking about my truck i think he was blowing a little smoke. Can you guys shed some light on you cars. thanks

So..... did you ever race the Mach & if so, what was the outcome?

ZincDude

Blah
Established Member
Thanks guys, i thought i knew something about the mach 1, this guys had me and my buddy cracking up. He was way too cocky about his car. I like these cars a lot, i am trying to talk my gf into getting one. They had a yellow 03 for 23K, Do you guys think that is a good price?
I say go by the Mach 1!!:beer:

Users who are viewing this thread