okay time for an honest answer from Ford

VintagePorscheG

Old School SVT Poster
Established Member
okay, check out my posts under '03 pics...

I think its time that Ford gave us some real answers...

A Ford Dealer here has had $1000 of my money for several months now...

I have sold my car expecting a new one by the end of May.

Now we believe that production has stopped...

I cant be the only unhappy customer...

All I want is the Truth...

:cuss:

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
I was told by one of the big whigs at SVT that the cars are in production but none of the Cobra's have been shipped. for quality assurance testing. It's standard procedure whenever Ford comes out with something this new. This info doesn't come from the SVT phone bank either.

Be patient. Camaro/Corvette/M3 pounding will commence soon.:thumbsup:

Black2003Cobra

Established Member
Originally posted by tommylightning
I was told by one of the big whigs at SVT that the cars are in production but none of the Cobra's have been shipped. for quality assurance testing. It's standard procedure whenever Ford comes out with something this new. This info doesn't come from the SVT phone bank either.

Be patient. Camaro/Corvette/M3 pounding will commence soon.:thumbsup:

QC assurance is certainly important to all of us. It is good to hear that someone at SVT told you production is still running too, but perhaps the question asked was could we get official word right from someone at Ford (as opposed to indirectly.) Also, did SVT have any comment about the rumor about the convert's being on hold until May 2003? (I did not order one, but I'm sure those that did will want to know the official word on that, as well.)

Thanks!

tommylightning

No status!!
Established Member
Originally posted by Black2001Cobra

Also, did SVT have any comment about the rumor about the convert's being on hold until May 2003? (I did not order one, but I'm sure those that did will want to know the official word on that, as well.)

Thanks!
The word rumor, is definately the key word.

skstang

Established Member
I am in the same boat you are vintage. Dealer has $2000 from me. Talked with Ford yesterday and they said production has stopped on the Cobra. MY build date went from 5/20/02 to TBD. To hell with that. Shouldnt have sold my 98 so quick knowing that Ford hasnt got anything right since the 98 on these Cobra's.:fm:

nsreed

Established Member
It's always something

I am happy Ford is taking time to make sure when they do hit the door, it is a worthy machine. Obviously I am still concerned of problems in the future. But that is true of any car.
I am pretty frustrated by all this. I can't get the chrome wheels I wanted. That still makes no sense. It's the same wheel just chromed. Saleen isn't having any trouble. Sure its a bit different wheel I guess, BUT!!! Nor could I get the color interior I wanted., NOW my dealer is giving me problems by not honoring my X plan he said he would do, plus the added delay. All in all, I guess I'll wait and see the car then decide what to do. I still would like some help from you out there on if you are getting YOUR X plan
Thanks
Ned Reed

01blkcovert

Established Member
Originally posted by Black2001Cobra

QC assurance is certainly important to all of us. It is good to hear that someone at SVT told you production is still running too, but perhaps the question asked was could we get official word right from someone at Ford (as opposed to indirectly.) Also, did SVT have any comment about the rumor about the convert's being on hold until May 2003? (I did not order one, but I'm sure those that did will want to know the official word on that, as well.)

Thanks!
\
Pictures supplied of the assembly line on the SCOA bulletin board show both coupes and convertibles. Yours is the first I've heard of an additional delay on the verts.

Users who are viewing this thread