On the fence with what pony car to buy?

germeezy1

Established Member
Was your C5 a convertible? A lot of problems can arise from convertibles. I wouldn't compare that to a hard-top.

I hear the Camaro convertibles are crap.

Not a huge fan of the F bodies as far as quality goes. My C5 was not a convertible but I also made double stock rwhp with less engine issues than my bolt on Cobra convertible. I have worked with or around Ford most of my adult life, and they break just like GM cars break.

Snagged

Shenanigans!!!
Established Member
Yes, as I said before, all car manufacturers have issues with their cars. I don't know why people feel compelled to keep regurgitating the same info over and over. FORD AND GM HAVE ISSUES WITH THEIR CARS. Maybe the caps will help this go around.

As for comparing a Mustang to a Corvette, that is not worth talking about as there are quite a few differences with those cars.

Last edited:

95SC

Banned
who the f.. puts a 1990's calculator screen in $60K car ,it's freaking 2012 how about a nice LCD :shrug:

ZL1 gauge cluster and radio looks so horrible and outdated like it came from early 2000 pickup truck

VS

Cam

n/a
Established Member
My wife drives a supercharged LS3 Camaro, we are the ideal customer for a ZL1, but guess what is parked next to the Camaro tonight? The choice was easy, the ZL1 simply does not have enough horsepower to justify the cost, and the looks are way too conservative.

eagle eye

Established Member
who the f.. puts a 1990's calculator screen in $60K car ,it's freaking 2012 how about a nice LCD :shrug:

ZL1 gauge cluster and radio looks so horrible and outdated like it came from early 2000 pickup truck

VS

Not having Nav. in the 2012 zl1s and then cramming it in the dash of a 2013s is obvious an afterthought. I have to agree that the dash on the zl1 is one ugly mofo. Looks like they must have aquired some ech-a sketch dials from Mattel.
When sitting in the zl1, the top of the steering wheel crosses right through the top of the tach & speedo. Very poorly done.
On the other hand, with the limited time I have behind the wheel of the Mustang, I think they did a great job of laying out the dash on the GT500.

03Cobra05GT

Established Member
Your absolutely right. He's just trolling. Reminds me of your typical high school mentality. Quite obvious that MULLENS suffers from Napoleon syndrome.

No one vehicle is going to "fit" every single person the same, regardless the brand. Remember, it's made for the masses.

Huh?

Huh? Napoleon who? Think you got the wrong guy..

Yep, I'm confused.....

Sorry mullens, my mistake
It was meant for: changed my order from a Shelby to a zl1

Haha ooohhhhh.

Mxfrench

Established Member
A serious question. Why would you come to a here and ask people what YOU will drive. Does it matter? I do not care if you drive a pink MAZDA and yell ZOOM ZOOM as you go down the road, its your car. Get what feels right for you. It seems ever time one of these type questions open, the same people use it as a pad to talk about how crappy Fords are and how if you have one you drink the blue oval Koolaid.

Captain Beyond

Established Member
Man a lot of GM haters. You guys think ford has always produced a reliable product? It wasn't until probably the 2000's that they have really tightened things down with their reliability issues and now make great cars. Growing up everyone knew what crap boxes ford made. And it wasn't until the Terminator that the Mustang was able to finally outperform the GM pony cars consistently. The LS1's used to beat our asses until 2003. Just trying to point out that ford is still far from perfect. They have issues with their GT500 with transmission grinding etc.

Yes the Camaro guys over there are so annoying but sometimes people forget they are still driving a ford. It will eventually squeak and rattle like any other domestic car.

The camaro hasn't always outperformed the Mustang. Don't you remember 1982-1993? The 5.0/5.7 f-bodies were no match for the lighter 5.0 Mustangs of that era. :burnout:

gtconv91

Ya can't fix stupid
Established Member
I've been referenced as someone who can "break a steal ball bearing with a rubber mallet" My vehicles have never had a easy life... I dont beat the $hit out of them but i do put them through the paces rather often. From this i say... If your looking for a vehicle to play in, mod, race.... start out with a decent platform 1st and foremost. Its cheaper in the long run. Ford isnt perfect, nor have i ever heard of them being referred to as such. The SN95/new edge mustangs were never anything to right home about minus the 03/04 cobra's , Ford dropped the ball big time on this and this is no secret. The same cant be said about the S197's. Some claim trans issues, gotta few friends that own 11' GT's and they claim driver error. I havent owned one so i cant comment on this issue fore or against. There is no perfect car in my eyes, doubt there ever will be. Although the 13' gt500 is the closest i have seen thus far. I wish the ZL1 was better, I honestly do. The fact of the matter, it is what it is and it aint what it aint.

Users who are viewing this thread