Once again... Ford has let me down...

gnukner

Well, here I am, sitting in the land of speed. Not more than 20 seconds from the Autobahn and about 30 km from Nurburgring In a sleepy town called Ulmen (Half way between Trier & Koblenz). I realise that the vehicle that I am about cut loose on is not an SVT(or at least wair the badge). Here in Germany Ford has the ST170, which has the same engine designator on it as the Focus SVT, but once again, all the options go to europe. Basically what I am getting at here is that the SVT engine can be had in a few models of Focus(ZX3, ZX5)... so you can get the 5 door model if you want to. But, eventhough both the engine and bodies meet US specs... they are illeagle to import(WTF?). I do own a ST220 Mondeo, which would be the equivalent to the SVT Contour with an extra 20 hp and updated looks. Yes it is a wonderful car, I just want something to bring home with me in a year and a half. On the military bases we do have US(ENCS... Exchange New Car Sales) car dealers but they cannot get SVT vehicles. What am I to do? I have looked into the ZX5-ST170 dead-end. I would Like to one up this by getting on a Cosworth kick. The RS200... DROOL, DROOL... will be availible here mid 2002(check www.ford.co.uk I realise this is the UK link, it just forgoes the German translation) . People have already gave me hell for not buying something German...BMWs are Nightmares... VAG(VW, Audi Group) are OK, Mercedes(I can't afford a Bimmer, what makes you think I can afford a MB?) living Nightmare, Porsche? GO F*** YOURSELF and sell you children for me so I can buy one. Sorry, I am just venting that it seems that American FOUNDED Companies are still giving every one else the options. Maybe I'll buy an AUDI!!! HAA! HAA!(please infer sarcasm... then again with the options I'm left with...) :gt:

sohowcome

Captain Obvious
Aaaaaaaack no audis heheh Though the TT's are kinda cool to look at. The Mondeos are pretty cool. Welcome to the board BTW hope you find lots of useful info.

-Zach

Users who are viewing this thread