ONLY 9 Psi W/new Engine And Jdm Filter

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
MY NEW ENGINE ON MY 2001 IS ONLY MAKING 9PSI W/JDM'S FILTER.....DOES THIS SOUND RIGHT?
I STILL HAVE NOT TRIED THE BOOST ACCUATOR ON THIS ENGINE YET, BUT I SEEM TO REMEMBER ABOUT 10PSI ON MY OLD ENGINE.
SORRY ABOUT THE CAPS BUT I WAS HALF WAY THROUGH WHEN I NOTICED.
THIS READING IS ACCURATE BECAUSE I HAVE AN AUTOMETER BOOST GAUGE.
SHOULD I TRY THE ACCUATOR ADJUSTMENT AND THEN SEE WHAT IT PUMPS OUT?WOULD THE ACCUATOR ADJUSTMENT MAKE THAT DIFFRENCE?

Last edited:

SVTDAVE

Same thing happened to me when I installled a JL ram air filter. No gain from stock boost. I had a lot of answers for this and the general concensus was that the stock air box is very efficient.
So to answer your question, yes this is normal.

2001SVTMAN

Established Member
Well I tried the accuator adjustment this morning,but she still only pulls 9psi.....
I think the hot 90 degree weather isn't helping but I guess I'll wait till I get the chip back from Jim w/new warm weather pro. and see if I can at least pull 10 psi.
Hopefully I'm in time to get the pully,I know they just came in hopefully he has some left over all I need is 1 :)

Lightning Tim

Established Member
Its prolly the air. In the winter time, my blown stang would make 10 psi with a 8 psi pulley, and trying its hardest to make 8 psi in the summer. I haven't had my Lightning long enough to make the same comparison.

SVTDAVE

The cooler air does help as it did with my '00 L. Also, when I added a pulley, the boost on my stock gauge now shows over 10psi.

Users who are viewing this thread