operation blackout.....

onebad2003cobra

Established Member
I know! I am thinking about having it powdercoated. It and the lip on the wheels are the only ting not black. I am not a chrome fan.

i dont like chrome either...obviously. Jet hot coatings did mine. good to 2000 degrees.

Thanks! Painted it. Just some Matte finish black. All of the emblems are done that way.

i still want it to say ford in grey..... i just want the chrome ring on the outside gone. i might just tape off the middle and paint the chrome. can you snap a close up of it? just so i can see how it looks?

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
sorry to highjack.,., but I was thinking of having my rims blacked out.,, any thoughts ?

I would do it! I just looked back at your pics. That car would look sick with black out wheels.

i dont like chrome either...obviously. Jet hot coatings did mine. good to 2000 degrees.

i still want it to say ford in grey..... i just want the chrome ring on the outside gone. i might just tape off the middle and paint the chrome. can you snap a close up of it? just so i can see how it looks?

Jet Hot Coatings. Gonna have to look in to that. Thanks!

Here is the only "close" pic I have of it. I can take another one tomorrow if you like.

IMG_3743.gif

onebad2003cobra

Established Member
I would do it! I just looked back at your pics. That car would look sick with black out wheels.

Jet Hot Coatings. Gonna have to look in to that. Thanks!

Here is the only "close" pic I have of it. I can take another one tomorrow if you like.

IMG_3743.gif

thanks man. i like it but im thinking of trying something else. Ill post some pics if it turns out well.

Jefe

Established Member
make me an offer. lol yea youll have to introduce yourself next time. shame on you.

Took an hour to find Brian. None of you guys were standing by your cars! :rolling:

How much was it to paint those?

onebad2003cobra

Established Member
Took an hour to find Brian. None of you guys were standing by your cars! :rolling:

How much was it to paint those?

sorry man, I just saw this post..

I didnt paint them. they are American Muscle 17x9 black 03 cobra wheels.

heres what i just did to my blue oval. I dont like it really cause i had the black sticker on first and then I taped the outside off and sanded/primered/painted it. and there are a few places where it didnt get all the way in to cover the chrome so it is going to come off. I should have done it right the first time and painted the entire thing black before putting the sticker on.

car0021.gif

M.P. Cobra Fan

Are you my baby's momma?
Established Member
That is what my original plan was for mine. Paint it all black then add a sticker. Guess I just got lazy. lol. Any close up pics?

Users who are viewing this thread