Opinions on price

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
Just received a quote from a local performance shop to replace the entire stock exhaust on my 06 GT Mustang with Borla SS headers, cats, Bassani X-pipe and Borla axle-backs. Time and material cost $2800. Is it too much money or does it sound about right for the materials and labor?

They also said they are seeing a 30 to 40 HP increase? Sounds a bit unrealistic to me or am I wrong?

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
Sonic Blue GT said:
Just received a quote from a local performance shop to replace the entire stock exhaust on my 06 GT Mustang with Borla SS headers, cats, Bassani X-pipe and Borla axle-backs. Time and material cost $2800. Is it too much money or does it sound about right for the materials and labor?

They also said they are seeing a 30 to 40 HP increase? Sounds a bit unrealistic to me or am I wrong?

Thanks for the responses folks...you've been a great help :rollseyes

MattP 343

Established Member
Personally I think the price is pretty high. If you have time and a decent amount of mechanical knowledge, I dont see any reason why you couldnt install the exhaust yourself.

You will see about 15rwhp from the headers and another 10-15 for the midpipe and axleback. You will also need a tune so that could account for another 5-10rwhp.

Honestly for that amount of money and a little more you could have a blower! :eeks:

Last edited:

Sonic Blue GT

Banned
I agree...I thought it was a bit steep myself...but this guy who quoted me strikes me as sort of a greedy person all under the disguise of friendly customer service.

I know someone is a sleeze when you ask a quote for one thing and they immediately turn around and without providing an answer to your question provide a quote for four times the material and work than what you asked for.

ranger2339

Established Member
Exhaust would be very easy to install yourself... Just get under there and do it yourself....

Just my 2cents.....

Josh

Madhouse

warrior
Established Member
Dude, you barely waited 7 hours for a response...

Anyway, that price is kind of high, but maybe they're worth it for the work they do (especially if you don't like to do this sort of work yourself).

Users who are viewing this thread