Opinions on rear seat deletes with time...

Hunter6

Established Member
I know there are a couple good kits out there. For those that have them...what are your experiences. Can you put a little bit of weight on them (suitcase, groceries)? How is the noise? Other thoughts?

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
The lack of a delete kit suits me just fine. A simple removal of the backseats, that's it. I put any and everything behind my seat. Suitcases and gallons of milk. The floorpan does get a bit warm from the transmission, mufflers. Noise is acceptable.

Last edited:

silvercoffin

Established Member
seat removal

How do you remove the seats? (rear and passenger)

IS it easy and is it easy to get them back in?

I really want my 11 sec 1/4 mile and I think that would get me there.

2F2F

[2 F]ast [2 F]urious
Established Member
Loosened a few bolts and depressed a pair of bolt-catches to remove the rear seat cushion, two backrests and two brackets. Easy to deinstall, reinstall. You should have no problems.

Toplesss

Established Member
I have one that I made for my 01 Vert. I have debated buying one, but decided to do it myself. Here is a link with some pics.

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=40958

I used thicker plywood than needed. I wanted the bottle to be as stable as possible. I didnt do it to save weight really. I just wanted easy access to my bottle. Here is the kit I was gonna buy.

http://www.yellowmustangregistry.com/Merchandise.htm#rearseat

I think it is a great mod. Good luck.:beer:

silvercoffin

Established Member
delete kit

Im not gonna bother with a delete kit. I think the cars I have seen with just bare metal look cool and they are even lighter.

im gonna just take everything out exceot the drivers seat...if I can figure it out. Im have problems figuring out anything mechanical or even like this hehehe. Not sure where to start on the rear seat, but ill try to figrue it out

Users who are viewing this thread