Options

COBRA CRUIZER

Established Member
It seems that the budget on the GT 500, is keeping it from the looking like the initial concept car. So I ask the SVT team to make this vehicle a highly optional car. Allow the consumer the options he/she desires, and are willing to spend the additional $$$$$$$$$$$$ on.

The Saint

Cookie Monster
Established Member
COBRA CRUIZER said:
It seems that the budget on the GT 500, is keeping it from the looking like the initial concept car. So I ask the SVT team to make this vehicle a highly optional car. Allow the consumer the options he/she desires, and are willing to spend the additional $$$$$$$$$$$$ on.

+1

FiaCobra

Established Member
Great idea but it's not gonna fly.....and here's why.

I spoke to an SVT team member yesterday and asked him that same thing. "To keep costs down, why not have options that the customer can pay to cover?" SVT explained to me that on a limited car, options themselves are limited and they'll never recoup the costs of such items.

I'd love to see this car have options such as: exterior color matching interior inserts, rollbar (lightbar by todays terminology), gauge pod.....things of that nature, but don't count on it. Only options i believe will be used are standard Ford items, ex: sound system, auto/manual trans...etc, etc.

Looks like we'll have to look to "Aftermarket" items for certain things.

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
FiaCobra said:

SVT explained to me that on a limited car, options themselves are limited and they'll never recoup the costs of such items. QUOTE]

Spot on, makes sense. What would I choose for options?
-Twin Screw blower
-Roll bar (I want a 'vert)
-19" wheels
-Upgrade Interior to be close to the show car's( I especially like the door panel speakers flush with- and hidden inside-the door).

crispy23c

SVT Chupacabra
Established Member
FiaCobra said:

SVT explained to me that on a limited car, options themselves are limited and they'll never recoup the costs of such items. QUOTE]

Spot on, makes sense. What would I choose for options?
-Twin Screw blower
-Roll bar (I want a 'vert)
-19" wheels
-Upgrade Interior to be close to the show car's( I especially like the door panel speakers flush with- and hidden inside-the door).

Oh, yeah, HID lights would be nice, too.

USC BME

Established Member
If you head over to the Saleen web page and look at the MSRP quote form, you can pick your options, lightbar, 19" wheels, etc... but you're looking at 50-60K once you're done putting on the goodies on a 281 s/c (they don't have the extreme sheet ready yet) and it will have the HID and twin screw as standard equipment.

http://www.saleen.com/s281_sc_msrp.htm

I'm thinking about it, especially since my dealer (Star Ford in Glendale, CA) says that they're only getting 3 and are already committed to buyers with huge dealer mark-ups. They're not accepting deposits or keeping a list because they already know they're not gonna be able to order one for me. :mj:

Purvis

VMP TVS Power
Established Member
Many times, mfgrs will spread some of the costs of the options, to the models that dont even come with the options..

But like you guys said, on a limited edition car, that doesnt work too well..
There willl likely be a few options, but not many..

Chevy's trick with the Corvette C6, has been to make 2-3 option levels..
The bottom (1sX) level, is hardly ever seen, eventhough theres tons of people asking for them.
Thats because, (IMO) Chevy made the stripper 1sx option, just to advertise that their Vettes cost "45,000", to get people in the door... When in reality, you cant find that option package in the real world, and can never get one for that price.. They dont make enough off the 1sx option, so there are hardly any of them produced.
Its the old, bait and switch..

Last edited:

crazyhorse06

Established Member
FiaCobra said:
Only options i believe will be used are standard Ford items, ex: sound system, auto/manual trans...etc, etc.
previous Cobra have not even offered stereo or tranny options. Only options have been spoiler delete and chrome wheels.

Users who are viewing this thread