orbital buffer

blk04cobra1

1000rwhp coming soon
Established Member
just curious which style of buffer is preferred? I try to keep my black car as clean as possible, but sometimes you just have to go the extra mile. Ive seen people mention Porter Cable, but are the $30 orbitals just as good?

blowngt

Established Member
blk04cobra1 said:
just curious which style of buffer is preferred? I try to keep my black car as clean as possible, but sometimes you just have to go the extra mile. Ive seen people mention Porter Cable, but are the $30 orbitals just as good?

The machine is important, but not as important as the pads you use (IMO). I don't think you will get the same finish with a Pep Boys, Walmart, etc orbital as you would a PC. I've used both and the PC is money well spent!!!

I've got a black car also (2000 GT/Saleen) and I constantly get people not believe me when I tell them the car is almost 5 years old.

Also, the Clearkote/Poorboys combination is hard to beat for dark colored cars.

Good Luck.... :beer:

O4COBRA

Established Member
Couldn't agree more with the above mentioned post. You will never get the results of the Porter Cable with a Pepboy's polisher. And also the ease of use with the PC is very nice, not like the Pepboy's one that is circular. They look like they would be a pain to use!

hoamskilet

Established Member
that seems really high. I can't remember exactly what i paid for mine, but i got it at lowes for i wanna say a little over a hundred bucks.

O4COBRA

Established Member
Alright blk04,

If you see a PC for $199, it's the rotary. You don't want the rotary polisher. The part # should be 7424. Here some links to pick up some products. And by the way, if you order the products from the links below, when you go to the checkout section, there is a place to put in a coupon code. Put detailcity in there, and it will give you 10% off your order. Which will make your PC $112! PM me if you want some more help with this!! And they also give out free shipping on order over $125, so you would save a few bucks there also!!

Don't use the pad it comes with by the way!

20021101200000_7424_72dpi_500.jpg

Porter Cable polisher @ Premiumautocare

Pick up 2 or 3 of these pads!

Here is the backing plate for the PC

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread