Ordered a '12 5.0 Quick question (CC plates)

CobraPilot

Banned
Hey guys and gals. Just put in my order for a 2012 5.0 in Kona Blue yesterday with the Brembos and 3.73s. I'll be adding a set of Steeda ultralites matched with their struts/shocks and CC plates when it arrives.

Quick question, I read somewhere that I will need to 'canabalize' a set of 2010 GT500 strut mounts in order to use the Steeda CC plates on my 2012. It was something to do with an isolater I would need out of the 2010 mounts. Can someone explain this a little better for me? Thanks!

Just to introduce myself, I've been on this site quite a bit over the years in the sn95 section. Bought my first mustang at the ripe age of 16, a '96 Cobra. It's been the daily driver ever since, but making it a weekend/strip car once the 2012 comes in. I'll go ahead and say thanks again in advance for all the info you guys share.

apg2369

SNAKE OF ALL TRADES
Established Member
If your going to use Tokico or Koni's.....you just use the rubber isolater off the bottom of the gt500 mount and put it on your 2005-2010 C/C plates from Steeda.

The ultra lights should give you about -1.2 so if that enough you can just use the whole gt500 mount and save money and buying the c/c plates ....I will tell you the 2011-2012 C/C plates are awsome its just to bad Tokico and Koni dont have struts/shocks out for those years yet.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread