ordering full exhaust tomorrow!

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
I want to go with the Longtubes, (MAC but i heard they are cheap and blow smoke and not jet coated) the reason being I want to supercharge the car in the future and longtubes will work better (thats what i hear) And I wanted an X pipe but the LT's only work with the prochamber or H pipe! Defineately NO CATS!
And for the catback i am sure I will go with the Dynomax 3'' ultra flow unless anybody else can convince me otherwise.

any suggestions for the headers or mid pipe would be greatly appreciated?

Mike

SlvrSnke01

Established Member
I just went with Hooker LT's (1-5/8) and their matching off-road X-pipe. The headers and pipe were Jet-Hot coated and look incredible. Also, the headers are slip tube desgin which allows you to remove the tranny without removing the headers. The castings around the flange is very smooth and appear to require NO port matching to the head, the MAC's require grinding.

Unlike the MAC or BBK's the tubes have no dents in them and have a true 2.5 inch collector not a ball and socket connector.

Hoping to install shortly and dyno afterwards.

Bill

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
Thanks bill, sounds great!
I have not heard good things about the mac headers at all so there out of the question.

Mike

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
I LOVED MY MAC'S ON MY 94.. I HEARD THE HOOKERS are pretty good units... Check out the Spintech exhaust system.. www.spintechmufflers.com Really good system. Hand made... Have a great sound.. Not the same ol' same ol' sound.. and they have great HP gains... They use dr Gas X pipes.

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
thanks svtcobra2001, actually my local hop shop convinced me to go with the Mac long tubes, prochamber mid-pipe and the dynomax 3'' ultra-flow catback. He said I will be happy with that setup and thats the most common setup used in his shop and he is confident with the horsepower gains. And for the money i thought I got a great deal on the Longtubes with HTS coating. I do like the sound of an X pipe but they said it wont fit on the longtubes, he even called MAC because he "heard" that they might have come out with an X to fit the LT's but they hadnt. I looked into JBA shorties $630 dollars WOW! They are doing the installation. I'll let you all now how it turns out! Takin the car in tues. mornin and pickin it up that night or wed. morning! CANT WAIT!

Mike

SVTCobra2001

Cone Crasher
Established Member
I do believe Spintech has a Long tube setup with an X.. Give them a call and see what it costs for the X.. I really like the X over the Prochamber.. The worst they can say is that they don't have it.. But they do custom fab.. I do like the Walkers, I had a 3" on my 66' Stang. Really fricken loud... I would be careful with the 3".. That is really fricken large.. I would stay with the 2 1/2 if I were you.. The 01's need all the torque they can get... The 3" is going to wipe what little you have out. Even with the Super charger.. Without the Charger you are going to be really disappointed in the proformance..

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
Its too late I ordered my Mac Longtubes(HTS coated) prochamber and 3'' Dynomax catback I would have liked to go with the fabricated X on the LTs. Greg the tuner/owner of Detroit Speedworks is a good guy and I hope he steered me in the right direction if not then its back to Jackson, MI. *pauls*

Mike

silverdohc

Well i know VRS makes an X for longtubes because i have one on my car. I hope you still have time to fix it.

Evan

Users who are viewing this thread