Ordering JLT's CAI, and I have an idiotic question.

Black03Poison

Ordering JLT's CAI, and I have a few questions.

Hey everyone, I'm ordering the JLT Cai. My first question is what vent style does the stock 03 Cobra have? Breather or Factory PCV, I am not sure what he meant by that. Secondly, is the optional MAF adapter worth buying? And finally, I have a K&N filter, will this filter fit in the JLT?

:smmon: <--- what I feel like at the moment.

J.

Last edited by a moderator:

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
You will need the MAF adapter to connect the filter to the MAF. It's basically a flat plate that bolts to the maf, with a short little tube sticking out to attach the filter to.

The car came with the Factory PCV connection. That's the tube that goes from the passenger valve cover to the air intake tube. If you order the breather, that is eliminated, and you just get a little "air filter" to put over that hole.

DNeinstadt

Established Member
What is the advantage of just the breather? My tube from the valve cover doesn't quite reach my CAI port. What should I do and why? :)

Dan

AtomHeart

Architect of Evil
Established Member
It doesn't reach? I had to trim mine to get it to fit. Something is fishy. Can you post a picture?

TRBO VNM

Originally posted by DNeinstadt
What is the advantage of just the breather? My tube from the valve cover doesn't quite reach my CAI port. What should I do and why? :)

Dan

you may need to rotate the pipe or something. I didn't trim mine or anything. fit perfect.

Lthl Venom 03

give me more boost!
Established Member
Originally posted by DNeinstadt

Dan

do you have a JLT cai? or something else?

Users who are viewing this thread