OT: Need to know about good lift packages for a newer F-150...

For my Girlfriends birthday, she is getting a black 2001+ F-150, and Im in charge of everything, finding it, lifting it, everything, because I guess I know more than anyone else in the family about it, which isnt much. Anyways, Ive found a few 4x4s, and I want to get the front end up in the air about 6-8 inches, with the rear sitting an inch or two lower. I want it to be wrapped in 35s or 38s, and I want a full, functional suspension lift. this is going to be MY desert toy. I already know my girls going to be too scared to drive it around. anyways, what are some good lift packages for a 4x4 F-150. Thanks

-Joe

DSF

Warranty? Whats that?
Established Member
check into Fabtceh. they have some great kits, plus some different options. They also seem to not loose alot of your drive characteristics either.

RSXFMCJWR

Benchracer Extraordinaire
Established Member
I would recommend skyjacker, they put out great products. Just make sure you avoid everything pro-comp(also know as pro-crap within the off-road community). I should point out however, that with 6-8 inches of lift you are going to be looking at some pretty big drivetrain mods(new driveshafts, possibly new output shafts, new ring and pinion gears, new torsion bars, ect.). And if she plans on four wheeling with 38s on the truck then the axle will need to be upgraded, if not replaced. Once you lift an IFS truck that high, you ride quality becomes crap nomatter what you do to the truck. My suggestion is that you go with a 4-inch suspenion lift and 33s. I also suggest you get a different color than black because every little scratch and sand pit(sand storms will cause these) will show up vividly.

If you have anymore questions shoot me a PM because I know pretty much everything about modifying 4x4s and four wheeling(been into this longer than I have been into fast cars).

I just noticed that you said that the truck was going to be a desert toy. If you plan on running the dunes, you had better keep the center of gravity of the truck as low as possible or you will end up upside down. I really think that 6-8 inches and 38s will be dangerous.

By the way, an 8-inch lift kit will not be enough to fit 38s, just thought you would like to know.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread