P1000

Ram1216

Established Member
Hey guys. So I bought my POS a while back, and now it is getting respectable, and is getting some long tubes soon. I have a HORRIBLE header leak on the driver's side so the shorties have to go.

Now I am trying to make the car emissions legal, and the P1000 code is thrown. All the emissions equipment is in place and on in the tuning, and all the OBDii Drivecycle parameters have passed, save the EGR. There is no CEL for anything other than running rich since I had a big vacuum issue when on the dyno which is fixed now.

Could the EGR be not working and throw no code? Or could this be due to the mass exhaust leak on the header where the EGR plugs in?

Thanks in advance. This is a New Edge Kennebell 1.7 GT with Snow Meth Injection and all the supporting goodies and then some extras here and there.

01yellercobra

Established Member
I beliee that if the EGR isn't on or functioning the P1000 code will never clear. I ended up turning it off in my tune.

Misspelling brought to you by tapatalk

Finallyatermi

Established Member
the notorious p1000 code can be caused by ANY discrepancy within the emission testing so yes if your EGR isn't working your going to throw a code. How long ago was the p1000 code thrown. Even if you have a SCT device or any other device that can delete codes its not going to delet the p1000 code. To my understanding the only way to fix the code is to do the full test. I'm not to sure what it is exactly but I know you have to drive so many miles under a certain speed and so many other miles under another speed and so on. Google it and the test should come up. So if your tuner cleared the codes and you pull up to an emmisions test and they connect to your OBD your gonna fail.

Ram1216

Established Member
Yeah. Well what I was saying was that all the drive cycle parameters that needed to be passed did so, except for the EGR. I'm guessing it just isn't working and I'm having it replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread