P1sc or D1sc

5.4 speedster

Banned
I am looking to get a charger on my forged 331 stroker. Can someone compare and contrast the differences between these two models?? I want to run around 15 lbs of boost.

'93#3989

Established Member
Go with the D1 of those 2 choices. The D1 has a better bearing setup than the P1.

Though if I were you I would get a F1. You get a better bearing setup than the D1 and a better step-up ratio. Plus the F1 will fit the D1 brackets, I believe.

5.4 speedster

Banned
Do the F-1's come with an intercooler?? Also, can you explain what step up means?? How much does this model run??? Lastly, I was thinking about going with a t-trim and a custom aftercooler setup but I am leaning towards procharger as I don't want to pay the money for labor on a custom setup.

'93#3989

Established Member
You can add an intercooler to any kit(if it isn't already included). By 'step-up' I am referring to the transmission ratio that the head unit uses to spin the impeller. You will have a custom setup no matter what, just about. Every car is just a little different, sometimes it works out well and sometimes things can get ugly.

The pro for ATI is that the intercooler is an air to air. For a daily driver this means a more consistent range of temperatures. The air to water setups do extremely well for a short term, but once the water has accepted all the heat it can take you start to see a rise in temperature. Water is excellent at absorbing heat, but it can be a little more difficult to get the water to release its heat in a timely fashion. This is why it is very well suited for short term use. The air to air won't perform as well in the short term, but will provide a more consistent range of temperatures over the long term.

Users who are viewing this thread