Paging 01CobraKid, TO Bearing?

Leftywayn

Established Member
CobraKid, what kind of problem were you having with your TO bearing?

Was it Squeeking?

I'm assuming that it affected you clutch.

Mine make a squeeking sound while the clutch is out.

01cobrakid

Got DoHc?
Established Member
Yes it was making a kind of squealing, squeaking, whistling noise and that was when my car had about 4500 miles on it. This was when the clutch was depressed, the moment you put your foot on the clutch the noise would stop. I took it in and they told me they didnt know why it happened but they would replace under warranty and I talked to the Mechanic who was diagnosing the problem and he was really cool and said he would just replace the whole clutch and everything was good...... until about 4500 miles later when it started to make the noise again. (same thing all over) I am going to have to take the car in again very soon(the problem, squeaking is worstening) The only thing is I dont want to because I am afraid they will just "replace the bearing" and not FIX THE PROBLEM. I talked with a mechanic at a local community college and if i remember correctly he said the "fingers of the clutch were not letting go when the clutch was depressed and therefore the bearing kept spinning" Dont quote me on that and I am not a mechanic by any means so Im not sure if that makes sense or if thats the problem but we will see when i take it in two weeks from now.

Mike

Leftywayn

Established Member
Mike,
About 4 months ago the TO bearing was squeeling so loud I thought the trans was going to fall off. The dealer replaced it, but it was still making some noise. I took it in again and they seemed to have remedied the issue. Now it's making noise again most of the time. It's not as loud as it was originally, but it's really begining to annoy the hell out of me. I am going to ask them to look into it again.

Users who are viewing this thread