Painting brake calipers

RJCobra

Established Member
I'm thinking about painting my brake calipers red. I think they'd look good on my DSG. My question is; Can I paint them with a small paintbrush, while still on the car, if I mask the "Cobra" letters, or do they have to be spraypainted?
Where can I get red caliper paint?

Daffy

My cars own me.
Established Member
If you use caliper paint it will be fine brushed while on the car, it is thick and smooths out with no stroke marks, that's what I've done on 4 cars. Here's a few pics on my 03.

frontwheel.JPG

rearwheel.JPG

frontangle1.jpg

Last edited:

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
another vote for the g2 caliper paint. nice gloss, hard as hell once dried, very easy application.

where can we purchase this paint at???? and what is the code????

CuLaTeR

Established Member
I wouldn't attempt painting the calipers while on the car. Do it the right way or no way. Take the calipers off the car and take your time. Better results then.

FuShnickens

Get It On!
Established Member
Originally posted by wuplash
where can we purchase this paint at???? and what is the code????

here you go... most definitely take your time and mask things well. the paint hardens to the point that you can't apply it after about 6 hours (shorter if it's hotter out), but that should be plenty of time.

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by FuShnickens
here you go... most definitely take your time and mask things well. the paint hardens to the point that you can't apply it after about 6 hours (shorter if it's hotter out), but that should be plenty of time.

thks.i will have to try this out and it sure beats purchasing new 10th anniversary red calipers:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread