Passenger floorboard getting wet with condensation.

jwcobra03

Established Member
It’s not the heatercore. I changed that last year. It’s happening with the ac on only. I rarely of ever use it but I did for awhile today. Hard to find info out there but it seems it’s the ac drain line being plugged up makes the most sense. Question is where is that located? I’m aware of the outside weep hole appreciate any insight.
Thanks, Jason

Sent from my iPhone using the svtperformance.com mobile app

01yellercobra

Established Member
I've never had to look for it, but I know it's above the passenger exhaust because I can hear it dripping on my header occasionally.

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
On my '01 Bullitt, it dripped on my toe a couple times while I was driving.

There is a weep/drain tube that exits the firewall, approximately below the passenger side windshield sprayer, in the engine bay.

I'll see if I kept a pic.

IIRC, you can see it, but it's kinda hard to get to. I went from the top. Think I took a small diameter, flexible hose, and hooked it up to the vacuum, then tried clear it out that way.
I also used a small diameter plastic rod and pushed it up the tube. Don't think it went up very far.

I've also read where guys say to run the recirculator (max a/c). That reuses the cabin air, which is drier.

Last edited:

jwcobra03

Established Member
I’m checking my weep hole and it appears to be completely melted over. Beautiful!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using svtperformance.com

Lambeau

Superfleck Moonbird
Established Member
Malt Liquor Mafia
Sometimes the hardest step in problem solving is identifying the cause. You've done that.

Bud, now on to step 3. I don't have any advice there. Someone will chime on.

FWIW, I couldn't find my pics of the drain.

jwcobra03

Established Member
Well the weep hole is working but I’m dripping water from this. Anyone know if there’s a seal in there?I can see 3 screws holding it together. It’s on the passenger side by the kick panel, under the dash. .
Image1688235624.704511.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread