Paxton 2012 switch to 2015?

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Ok guys, I have a 2012 gt with a paxton and makes 650hp (currently for sale) I love the car and had a lot of fun. I've had it for about 2 1/2 years now, but i just got bored and kinda lost interest in it, now in hind sight i wish i would of went a few different ways with my mods but its too late for that. I've been shopping around getting trade in values and seeing what interest i get in my car selling privately, Been looking at a used gt500, a used z06, a new evo x (i know, completely different car) but now the 2015 is really starting to grow on me.

I'm going to lose a lot of money no matter how i do this, that's a given... But is it worth it to start over with a 2015 which is still a 5.0 just completely new body style. I Love the interior of the 2015. The front and side i really like now also, i'm still not sure how i feel about the rear of the car, i'm waiting to see one in person.

This is just a matter of opinion so i'm looking to see what you guys would do in my situation, would you trade in or sell and get a new 2015? or another option.

chancejat

Established Member
i would try something else....i had a c6 z06 for a little while and it was a blast, i would do that, you can mod it with heads/cam and have a car that can beat almost anything. even stock its a beast...

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
C6 z06 has always been my top choice and I've been saying for years it's my next car. The 15 is just growing on me and the new car is nice. But it's still another mustang (I've had 3 cars and all mustangs) and I guess I would still wish I had a z06.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
I forgot to add a big reason why the new car is more apealing. A c6z that may be in my price range would be an 06-07 (possibly 08) for around 40,000. Private sellers have better deals but it's hard to get a loan for an older car. The bank I use only goes back 5 years on used cars and then the car is higher and out of my price range

DaBigBone

Established Member
Hold onto the '12 for another year and see what else Ford releases on the new platform.

Silver_Coyote

Established Member
Just curious, what other direction do you wish you would have gone for your 2012?

Borla exhaust instead of kooks, jpc single turbo instead of paxton, different color besides silver, Brembos and recaro's. Things like that, I still love my car but it's just a few things I would rather. And it's too expensive to switch to any of those now since I already got exhaust and a blower.

lovebread

Established Member
Came from a turbo car and it just feels wheezy.

All the power is up at the top end, just not the right kind of S/C for driving around here.

Users who are viewing this thread