Performance gains with KB on 03?

marcus314

Established Member
Hello. I was just wondering, what kind of performance gains do you get with a KB on an 03? How much extra horses over the stock m112? Can you really feel a difference? How fast has someone gone with the stock m112? Also, how fast has some gone with the KB installed? Is it more efficient than a centrifugal kit? I was just looking at the video of an 03 getting spanked by a supra and I can't stand to see that. I know that a turbo kit is the most effective thing to put on an 03, but it's waaaay out of my price range. I want to mod my future cobra to out-perform most...and a cobra losing to a supra has hurt my ego some. I love the body style of the cobra's, and I don't want to go the import route (even though a supra is the ONLY import I would ever CONSIDER to drive).
Well, just getting some ideas together.

Thanks

Bostard

Established Member
Marcus, check out this months issue of Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords. Nitrous Pete walks you through the swap of the KB for the Eaton. Power gains are impressive and significant. I think the magic answer is someone who knows what they're doing with the tune. KB says that their Blowzilla is good up to 21psi, and thats on a stock block. Pete's in the 9's now with the only significant mod being the blower and ported heads.

StangD281

Established Member
Originally posted by marcus314
Pete sold his 03??? Why would he do that?? So, the KB didn't hold up at all???
He sold it for $40 g's. The KB didn't hold up potentially due to the 32 psi & banzai passes down the 1/4 mile.

*Edit - I believe the car is in St. Louis now, IIRC.

Last edited:

Bostard

Established Member
Yep. I heard the same thing. I would've expected it to grenade at 32psi. Thats insanely high. As everyone knows, the higher you go the less reliability. That's gotta suck to spend 40K only to have it go kaboom.

NukeX

My Shit Got Keyed, Yo
Established Member
wait a sec....so the blower went boom before the engine did? Or did he fry the engine to???? LoL The engine can hold in 32 psi???? Shiiiiiit

Last edited:

ib6-ub9

Established Member
I dont believe this is true. He ran 26 pounds on the eaton with an 80 shot and ice water and then ran the ken bell at abour 24 pounds with no nitrous and got about the same results, i never heard of a run above 30 pounds but its possible. The reason the car blower blew is because the owner and air/fuel ratio wrong and the tuning wrong

RDSZ

600+HP
Established Member
My car made 548rwhp and 547tq with the Kb still a lot more room for hp. Supras; yes you always going to find many that make lots of HP as well as 03 cobras in the 9s 10s 11s etc.

RibbedTrojan

Established Member
so what kinda rwhp can one put down with say 21-24psi on the KB blower?? Also is that on pump or race fuel?? What's most you can run on pump and what about race gas?? Thanx,

TROJAN

ZeroSpinn

Car Mod Addict
Established Member
21# of boost...

On the Kenne Bell website it advertises what kind of boost you can get if you go all out. I believe it said something like 620 RWHP at 22#, but I believe that was on 116 octane race fuel :eek:

Users who are viewing this thread