Pesky Paint Particles -- HELP

Shemp_65

Hi all,
I'm wondering if anyone can help with my situation -- although it is kinda minor, but really cause me lots of sleepless nights.

I got my 01 Cobra Convertible in San Francisco in July. Bought it from a Ford Dealer (NOT an SVT Dealer), and they had it at the receiving docks, so I had to drive out to the shipyard area to get it.

Well the salesman said he'd run it through a CAR WASH first before we took delivery. I OK'd it as long as it was a HAND-WASH place. It was, so I thought that was fine. We went with him to watch it be washed.

Funny side story: After the wash, the Cobra was driven out for pickup, and there were tons of people there. Very busy day. So we weren't right in front of the car when it was brought out, and some other dude came up to the washer guy and tried to take the keys... would've been a stolen Cobra BEFORE I even hod gotten to drive it if it wasn't for the salesman guy being quick on his feet... anyway... back to my original question:

After I took the car home I noticed little black "tape residue" areas on various parts of the car. The salesman told me it was residue from when they had taped the car when it was being delivered to them.

Well, I've washed and washed the freaking thing, and I always get these residue lines, they appear and disappear all over the body. Usually in little streaks.

It's not a major thing -- just kind of annoying.

Any ideas on how to get rid of this residue once and for all? The dealer is lame, and doesn't have a "clue".

I also need to find an SVT dealer in the Bay Area. Any ideas?

TIA,
Brandon

svt-tmleader

Established Member
If it is tape residue, try some mineral spirits (you can find it at any auto parts store) on a clean tericloth towel.. This should do the trick (if it is tape residue). As for a SVT dealer try 1-800 ford-svt.

B

Users who are viewing this thread