PHOTOS: 03 Exhaust Ports are Huge vs 01, 99+ LTs Headers Are Too Small

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
I was ready an article or post yesterday that was saying BBK doesn't have 03 headers available yet. They said you can use pre 03 headers on the 03 Cobra, but the exhaust ports were significantly smaller and oval not square. Thanks for the actual visualization of the difference. Btw, what did you use silly putty.

03rocks

Established Member
Since the stock 03 manifolds flow better than the 01 and previous manifolds is the gain from aftermarket headers going to be significant enough to justify making the change?

toofast4u

Versatilist
Established Member
Originally posted by 03rocks
Since the stock 03 manifolds flow better than the 01 and previous manifolds is the gain from aftermarket headers going to be significant enough to justify making the change?

Remember we have a lot more exhaust volume stock then a 01 has. I think aftermarket headers should have a more significant gain on the 03 then the 01.

The MM&FF article this month says they gained 55 rwhp with K&N, BBK Long Tubes, O/R H-Pipe, and Flowmasters. Since BBK says that the Long Tubes for the 03 are not available yet I would venture to guess they used the 01 Long Tubes. Also the exhaust was only 2 1/2" not 3" which I would expect the 03 really needing. And they used flowmasters don't have the best hp gain going. So I would desktop estimate with the correct long tubes and a 3" exhaust that value would be significantly higher probably closer to 60-65 rwhp.

Users who are viewing this thread