Photoshop favor....Please

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Attached you will find the following Stang w/ black Saleen wheels. I have photoshop but I honestly have no clue how to change the Stang to vibrant red.

What I would like to see is how the black Saleen wheels would look on a Vibrant Red GT. The picture attached is pretty much what mine looks like, but mine has side mirrors.

A huge thanks in advance to anyone who could do this. I'd appreciate if you could give me some tips on how you did it, too. I'd like to learn how to do basic photoshop such as altering a vehicles' color and switching wheels.

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
Wow! Looks great and thanks for your help!

It just needs to be brightened to be a tad bit more orange.

How did you do it, btw?

Last edited:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
It takes years of practice, but here's the gist of how to do it (this is written for Corel; Photoshop is similar):

1. Take the freeform mask tool and select the area you want to color.
  2. Make sure the anti-alias on the mask tool is on and the feather mask width is 0-1 (hover over the toolbar that appears when the mask tool is selected; these should be the options for the tool)
  3. Unmask the items you don't want to color (like emblems, windows, etc.); you can remove parts of the mask by holding the CTRL key down while selecting items with the mask tool; You can add to the mask by holding the SHIFT key down while selecting items with the mask tool
  4. Use the color balance option (under Image=>Adjust menu) to roll the color to the nearest base color (e.g. red). For example, shift to RED for more red, shift to yellow and cyan for GREEN, etc.
  5. Fine tune using the Hue/Saturation/Lightness option (under Image=>Adjust menu)
    [/list=1]

With a little practice, you can change the color of virtually any object with ease. Here's an adjusted photo. Hope this is closer:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Black can be a real pain when moving from bright colors. Can you post a pick where you had troubles? That way I can step through what I do and write it down. Hope this isn't too much trouble. :)

Here's yet another adjusted pic:

Ripper

And Then Some............
Established Member
:) Well my server is down or else I would show ya ! This is really the only thing I ever rerally tried to do !

jensig.jpg

Turned mineral grey into black. I did it by cutting and just leaving the object. Then duplicating the image on top of it ! That way I could keep a lil bit of the details by just doing the Adjust > Hue/Saturation/Colorize thing ! Just did it till I got the layer on top dark. Then I used the eraser to show the headlights and some of the hard lines like the hood. Just so hard to keep the shape of it ! My server is down or else I would show ya the other one or even send ya the psd file !

95oRANGEcRUSH

Who's that whore?
Established Member
PlatinumCobra: Thanks for your time and effort! The last picture you posted looks identical to my color. I also appreciate you taking the time to expain the steps to me. A lot of people are just concerned with the end result, but I want to learn how this is done. A huge thank you!

:thumbsup:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
No problem! I figure I get soooo much help from the fantastic folks on this web site I'd return the favor! Cheers! :beer:

05 Roush

Roushcharged
Established Member
Originally posted by Ripper
:) Well my server is down or else I would show ya ! This is really the only thing I ever rerally tried to do !

jensig.jpg

Turned mineral grey into black. I did it by cutting and just leaving the object. Then duplicating the image on top of it ! That way I could keep a lil bit of the details by just doing the Adjust > Hue/Saturation/Colorize thing ! Just did it till I got the layer on top dark. Then I used the eraser to show the headlights and some of the hard lines like the hood. Just so hard to keep the shape of it ! My server is down or else I would show ya the other one or even send ya the psd file !

Could you post the original? I'll try to adjust to black. It could be the difference in tools? I use Corel and it handles color adjustments better than Adobe.

Thanks!

--

Users who are viewing this thread