php intake spacer...

IAatscott

Established Member
hey guys,
so ive been looking at these intake spacers for...a while. On the mach 1's ive seen that they make about 10ft lbs and about 3-4 rwhp on a 3/8 in spacer... correct me if im wrong.. And with the gasket it will actually be about 7/8 spacer. I guess my question is are the intake really a good "bang for your buck"? will it impact me with -C&L RAI-sct tune-slp lt headers, slp o/r x, slp cat back. thanks guys p.s. yes ive looked through m1r and didnt really find what I was lookin for i guess. again thanks guys!!!!

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
I think it's a good bang for your buck. It's only 100 bucks or so. Also mach's don't have much you can do besides little bolt-ons like the intake spacer. I think it's a great mod. Also not many people will know it's there so you can just leave it out when mentioning mods haha.

IAatscott

Established Member
i guess im just confused on will it give me anything on a dyno... Ive looked through this thread on this website about the 99-01 cobras..some stuff was pretty good but most of the pages were just people arguing.. they say that the 99-01 cobras and machs, the motors were different so they make different power gains.. Just would like to know about the mach guys and what you gained from it. also i do not want the huge scoop look to the shaker...any pics mach guys with the hood down??

speedofsound

Centrifuged
Established Member
See sig. And my motor sits slightly higher with the QA1 K-member. When I was bolt-on I felt a noticable increase in torque. I guess it was just one other thing to do to delay a motor build a little longer, haha.

2sick4v's

SonicBoom
Established Member
Even though you may not pick up much on the dyno I have heard of guys picking up a mph at the track which is def worth it for how cheap it is. That would mean 100 for 1 mph which is damn cheap an I'm sure everyone would agree.

cobra916

Established Member
im on the fence with this mod.. seen alot of mixed reviews.. i would like it to add some midrange back that i have lost from the cams but i am unsure if i want to go ahead and do this mod.. i am also one of the guys that doesnt want to raise my shaker so thats another downer to me about this mod. i have seen this mod add tq but make power fall of sooner.. that is not a good thing for the track. my theory is this mod will work for some and not for others because of car to car cam timing variances.

2007ShelbyCobra

Established Member
yea, any input? Im full exhaust, and will have a CAI, idk if it will help or hurt my numbers once I get my car tuned, "I will have it tuned on the car with the other mods"

SCMOKN

Established Member
I just got mine in the mail today. I will be installing this weekend Hopefully I will see some change. Does anyone know what size and how many bolts I will need to get prior to tearing it apart?

dsg04MACHone

Established Member
I just got mine in the mail today. I will be installing this weekend Hopefully I will see some change. Does anyone know what size and how many bolts I will need to get prior to tearing it apart?

I didn't need anything extra you reuse most bolts and the ones you can't they supply so you should be good to go. Just be prepared to fight the EGR tube.

To the OP mine was put in with my x pipe so I could feel a difference, but I was happy it was going to raise the shaker but it really didn't raise it as much as I thought. I mean I could tell a slight difference, no one else could though so that really shouldn't be a con to this.

SCMOKN

Established Member
Got it in. Really easy, the thing that took the longest was going to get the bolts. I bought mine used from a wrecked Mach so it was just the spacer and gasket. I thought the height looked good but it definatley looks better now.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread