Booyah

Cantankerously Blunt
Established Member
Now get some clear corner lamps too and you'll be set.:thumbsup:

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
SVT257

Are your hood scoop inserts chrome, or painted?

Where did you get the billet grille. Great looking Cobra.

Thanks, Dan

SVT257

Established Member
Dano, I spray painted the inserts with Chrome paint. I sold the car recently on Ebay, so it may be on the loose in Colorado. Good Luck with your Cobra.

SVT257

Established Member
Grill insert...I forget. I ordered it out of a mustang magazine. By the way, I also have stainless steel COBRA bumper inserts that i didn't sell with the car. I think they are $80 from Scott Winger on the net. I'll sell them for $50 plus shippping. They are still in the wrapper.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
If my bumper said "Cobra," I'd buy them. At all the bumper insert sites I've been to, none of them specify the '95 Cobra bumper, and I sure don't want to pay 100.00 for some letters that won't fit the word "Mustang," on my bumper. Ford kind of screwed over the Cobra owners with all the different bumper titles on the different year models.

Dan

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
SVT257

BTW, you say you painted only the "inserts?" I'm not sure what the '98 nostrils look like (removable or not), but mine ('95) are fairly narrow (and are removable), so I'm not sure what it would look like if I painted the nostrils & the inserts. The inserts wouldn't be very noticeable if only they were painted.

What's your take on this?

Dan

Last edited:

raven69david

Blown & Cammed
Established Member
The nostrils on the 96-98 look awesome on the car, however 94-95 Cobra's got shafted with the GT hood nostrils, but at least we got the cool wing as to where the 96-98's got the GT wing. :p

I think the 94-95 Cobra's would look funny with the nostrils painted IMO. :(

yea we got gipped with the gt wing......but im thinking of a s281 wing.....i just need a couple of questions answered such as how much am i looking at for paint and installation.....the wing is around 200 at saleen.com

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
I don't know anyone in particular that does that good of a job painting, where I'd trust them, but I'd like to know who you end up using & how they did - I need to have some painting done in a couple of areas. Wait - there's one guy I know, but I'm not sure if he's still painting or not. He did it in his garage, in a subdivision, and I think he got in trouble with his neighbors. I'll check with him and get back to you.

As far as installing the wing - using a little masking tape (to mark the base of the wing), and locating the holes for drilling would be a little scary, but if you measure it several times you should be okay. The holes need to be treated to prevent corrosion, and I'd use pilot holes, and increase the size in several steps, instead of trying to drill a large hole all in one whack!

Perhaps you should mount it, and then take it to the painter, remove it, let him treat the holes, and leave the wing with him!

Dan

SVT257

Established Member
The hood scoop inserts were removable. The GT style scoops on your Cobra would not be worth the time if you ask me. You could rig up the winshield washer tubes to them and squirt it out on people like a Real Cobra for shits and giggles though. Good luck.

SNK BITN

Established Member
bling.gif

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
SVT257
Hey, that's a good one. Wonder if anyone ever did that to their buddies.

Blk98Cobra
I got the name of another painter - he's supposed to be real hot, with custom paint jobs in magazines, etc. I'm going to call him and go by his shop tomorrow - it's in Marion, near FM 1103. I'll let you know about the prices, then you can take it from there.

Dan

Scream'nCobra

Cobra:No Substitute
Established Member
Originally posted by raven69david
The nostrils on the 96-98 look awesome on the car, however 94-95 Cobra's got shafted with the GT hood nostrils, but at least we got the cool wing as to where the 96-98's got the GT wing. :p

I think the 94-95 Cobra's would look funny with the nostrils painted IMO. :(

That's why i bought a Saleen S351 carbon fiber hood. Looks awesome! I love our spoilers on the 94-95's! And i bought my 95 just because it said MUSTANG on the back, i love making people look like dumbasses when they say its a mustang with cobra badges.

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Yeah, I know what you mean. I was doing something to mine one day, and this guy (dumbass) walked up and said, "is that a real Cobra?" I said, "sure it is." Then he said, "well, a lot of people just put those badges on to make them look like Cobras!" Then I said, "I've never seen anyone do that." He walked away. What a stupid thing to say to someone you don't even know!

Dan

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Blk98Cobra

Brian, I talked with that painter today. He told me about $4500-5000 to paint my '95, and do a little body work, so he's damn sure not cheap. I asked about your "new" wing, and he said to paint it black would be 80.00, and if it has small pits in it from the manufacturers mold, that would take extra time to fill them in - that would be a total of 120.00. I talked with him for over 30 min, and he's really into custom work, and a race enthusiast, at the strip on I-10 in Marion.
I'd mount it, take it out there, take it off, and leave it with him.

His name is Mark Keller, (210) 317-9502 Marion - on FM 78.

Good luck,
Dan

Last edited:
sweet thanks.....i wont be doing anytime soon though....a ricer ran me off the road sorta, he ran a red light almost hit me and i swerved to miss him and in the process hit the curb with my left side. My front left rim is f'ed...so had to buy a new one, and my rear one has a tiny lil dink in it, but i still gotta fork out for the new rim, and i cant drive it right now making it harder:(

Dano

"Book 'em Dano"
Established Member
Well, you'll be back on the road in no time at all. Where you going to school at?

Anyway, you have the name & number of the painter, when you're ready. I have to win a small Lottery, and get mine painted.

Dan

Users who are viewing this thread