Picked up a 2015 GT Performance Pack

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
I walked in to look at F-150's and later that day drove away with a 2015 GT. The 50th Anniversary one I saw previously and pictures just turned me off but when I saw this car I couldnt NOT like it. The seats although not Recaro hold you in much better than the S197 seats did. The power doesnt feel quite as raw as the S197 but I havent really flogged it yet. I paid out the nose for the bumper to bumper 6 year 100K mile warranty but that will keep me from modding excessively I guess. Future plans are simple exhaust, intake maybe, and shocks. I will add that it doesnt have near the nose dive or body roll that my 2013 had stock. It's a great middle ground between the 1LE that I test drove and my old 2013 as far as body control and it is nearly as precise feeling as the 1LE but not quite in stock form. It is however leaps and bounds better than the 1LE in every other department.

2015 GT Premium with Performance Pack
15stang1.jpg

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
Congrats man, looks very nice in that color and with those wheels. Havent test drove one but finally got to see some the other day, some things I liked and some I didnt. I think once they do a like refurbishing or come out with the special packages, it will be killer.

Out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean by "leaps and bounds better than the 1LE, in every other department"?

CSCOBRA03

Established Member
Congrats, I like it a lot and I think most haters will like them when they see one in person.

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Congrats man, looks very nice in that color and with those wheels. Havent test drove one but finally got to see some the other day, some things I liked and some I didnt. I think once they do a like refurbishing or come out with the special packages, it will be killer.

Out of curiosity, what exactly do you mean by "leaps and bounds better than the 1LE, in every other department"?

The interior, dash, seating position, head room, visibility, and motor in my opinion. As a daily driver that will see HPDE driving only a few times a year I think it is a great step forward. The 1le made many more compromises as a DD but I think the upcoming alpha platform will change that, or at least I hope so. In a track only setting the 1le is slightly ahead but it's close. They both are great cars but I can't wait to see the alpha.

ZYBORG

Let's roll..
Established Member
Premium Member
The interior, dash, seating position, head room, visibility, and motor in my opinion. As a daily driver that will see HPDE driving only a few times a year I think it is a great step forward. The 1le made many more compromises as a DD but I think the upcoming alpha platform will change that, or at least I hope so. In a track only setting the 1le is slightly ahead but it's close. They both are great cars but I can't wait to see the alpha.

Fair enough. Enjoy it and keep it shinny. :beer:

Edit: i just realized that you are in austin, maybe sometime we can get together and test them out :)

Last edited:

Budwise

Track Addict
Established Member
Fair enough. Enjoy it and keep it shinny. :beer:

Edit: i just realized that you are in austin, maybe sometime we can get together and test them out :)

Any time! I go to the Cabellas meet on Saturdays sometimes we should coordinate.

HEMI LOL

Twin Screwed
Established Member
congrats. Magnetic is a stellar color. i REALLY love the 15, but i think ill act my age and pay my 13 off and then trade it in on a GT350. but then again i haven't succeeded very well in acting my age throughout my life so i dunno whats gonna happen. LOL

DSG2003SVT

Gray only, please
Established Member
congrats. Magnetic is a stellar color. i REALLY love the 15, but i think ill act my age and pay my 13 off and then trade it in on a GT350. but then again i haven't succeeded very well in acting my age throughout my life so i dunno whats gonna happen. LOL

That's pretty much where I am. I went to the local dealership yesterday, and I was practically watering at the mouth, but I really want to wait for the new GT350 to come out. I'm going to hold off for now…hard as it may be.

Users who are viewing this thread