Picked up a mint SVT Focus

Ubergeist

Established Member
I sold my daily driver a couple weeks ago(04 SRT-4). Was going to turn the garage queen into a daily(never seen rain or snow). Then thought if I could find something nice for decent money, I'd go that route. The SVT Focus and SVT contour came to mind as others. Came across an ad with no pictures for a 2002 SVT Focus with only 29K original miles. Checked it out that weekend and agreed to buy it that day. Details of the car below.

29,015 Actual Miles
1-owner
Silver with Red/Blk int
100% Bone stock
No Accidents or paint work
Garage kept

Options:
Audiophile Pkg
Winter Pkg
Moonroof

Also came with a like new winter wheel/ blizzak tire set.

My friend, put the condition of the SVT best. "It's as if you got in a Delorean, went back to 2003 and bought the car when it was a year old."

SVT-1_zpsf320544b.jpg

SVT_Rear_zps9869e135.jpg

My only plans are MSD wires, new plugs, and hunting down an OEM Xenon Headlight set. I will also do a timing belt change, as soon as I get the parts.

My one question:
Was there an armrest option for the focus?

Overall, I prefer it as a daily over my SRT-4. Just thought I would share.

Anything I should look out for or any additional preventive maintenance, let me know. thanks.

Last edited:

Ubergeist

Established Member
Thanks, I paid more than clean retail for it. Older clean, stock, low miles cars are next to impossible to find right now. Still quite happy with the purchase, they still even had the original window sticker and SVT certificate for it.

Tanker97

The SVT focus didn't come with an armrest, however a standard zx3/zx5 did.

CFM sells a kit for an armrest, I'm not sure if it would fit though.

Ubergeist

Established Member
The SVT focus didn't come with an armrest, however a standard zx3/zx5 did.

CFM sells a kit for an armrest, I'm not sure if it would fit though.

Doesn't look like they carry it anymore. This car is an armrest and xenons away from a perfect DD for me.

Tanker97

If your looking for the Mach lights, or xenon as you call them. Look on Focus Fanatics and Focal Jet, I've seen them sell for 2-400. They look great and perform even better. The only downside to them is they aren't very reliable.

There is a guy local to me that has a set and he replaces a balast or bulb every 2-3 months. Maybe he just has a bad set, not sure.

Another option would be Hella lights, they work much better than the mach's but also cost around 5-600.

Last edited:

MCPunk79

Established Member
the arm rest from the Mk 1.5 Focus will fit if you want to do the arm rest… two bolts in the front, under the cup holders and two in the rear… boom, done.

Congrats on a nice pick up! Enjoy the car, and keep it clean!

Users who are viewing this thread