Picked up a SHO today

black-plasma

Established Member
Love this car already... Besides a tune, what are the best bang for the buck mods?

attachment.php

black-plasma

Established Member
You won't regret it. I got Livernois tune and it will spin all 4 wheels at will. Just a tune is good for high 12s.

black-plasma

Established Member
I've had it since last November now. Actually just ran a 13.2 in horrible conditions earlier today. I have springs on the way to hopefully get that 12 second slip. Thinking about meth as well. I've been racing it more then my '03 Cobra, lol.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
These newer SHO's are a blast and really surprise a lot of people. Consider that fact that you can cut 1.8-1.9 60 foot times on the street with street tires is pretty cool. You can pretty much clean up any rear drive car (on street tires no drag radials nor slicks) through the 1/8 at the track and street.

OP, what year SHO? Is it PP or non?

*Add a 3 bar map sensor, More tuning, Methanol injection, Down pipes = low 12's @ 110-113 mph. Run that on the street...

Last edited:

black-plasma

Established Member
Mine is a '10, non PP with 20" rims and all season tires. I have springs on order and would love to add meth but I've been dumping money into my '03 Cobra like crazy and need to hold off for now but it's really tempting. Craven Performance did meth on a local SHO and it made over 400rwhp on an awd dyno. Pretty impressive.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
Mine is a '10, non PP with 20" rims and all season tires. I have springs on order and would love to add meth but I've been dumping money into my '03 Cobra like crazy and need to hold off for now but it's really tempting. Craven Performance did meth on a local SHO and it made over 400rwhp on an awd dyno. Pretty impressive.

I had a pullied 03 cobra making 460/472 back in 2004-2007. Down at PBR Palm Beach it was runing 12.60's @ 116 on street tires. I'm still faster in the 1/8 with just a tuned SHO. 8.3 versus 8.6 :beer:

black-plasma

Established Member
I bought mine in '05 when I lived in MD. Its set up more for open track events but I just ran a 10.77 @ 134 a couple weeks ago with a 2.3 Whipple, still T56/IRS.

Last Saturday I held a '11 GT500 to the 1/8 mile in my SHO, I got a good light on him and I thought the announcer was going to have a heart attack. It surprises a lot of people.

1 VET ETR

Established Member
I have to say I would have never driven a SHO unless my wife had not said "I really like the way the new Taurus looks". All I can say is wow! We just test drove a 2013 with the PP last weekend. Needless to say in a few days she will have a 2013 Tuxedo Black with the PP as her DD. It will be tough not to mod it. She really liked the feel of the available torque and I said that is what turbo's can do. I think she is hooked! She drives a new edge Mustang GT on sunny days. It might need modified now to keep up!

black-plasma

Established Member
Great choice and really all you need is the Livernois tune and you're good to go.

zinc03svt

Big Red
Established Member
I have to say I would have never driven a SHO unless my wife had not said "I really like the way the new Taurus looks". All I can say is wow! We just test drove a 2013 with the PP last weekend. Needless to say in a few days she will have a 2013 Tuxedo Black with the PP as her DD. It will be tough not to mod it. She really liked the feel of the available torque and I said that is what turbo's can do. I think she is hooked! She drives a new edge Mustang GT on sunny days. It might need modified now to keep up!

Congrats. They are really awesome cars for what they are. I actually worked a deal on a 3,000 mile Ford program car with a trade out of state. The Ford dealer delivered the SHO and took my trade. I had not driven one until after purchase...eek. Glad it worked out. :beer:

For the 95% of the people looking for an easy and affordable upgrade in power the flash is the way to go. Do your research as there is more than one tuner for these cars. fyi

Pale Snake

Established Member
13.7 bone stock
13.1 tune only
12.97 tune Intake exhaust
4560lb luxury sedan 21mpg
with a/c seats, gotta love it!!
Field tested in both Blizzard/Northeaster snow storm
passed with flying colors!!!

1 VET ETR

Established Member
Congrats. They are really awesome cars for what they are. I actually worked a deal on a 3,000 mile Ford program car with a trade out of state. The Ford dealer delivered the SHO and took my trade. I had not driven one until after purchase...eek. Glad it worked out. :beer:

For the 95% of the people looking for an easy and affordable upgrade in power the flash is the way to go. Do your research as there is more than one tuner for these cars. fyi

Thanks! Picked her ride up on Saturday and I spent the rest of the day detailing it.... Enjoy!

Both of her children!

Uploaded with ImageShack.com

Users who are viewing this thread