Picked up my PB ST3 today

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Well I did it. I sold the 5.0 and got the ST. Still getting used to the comparative lack of power, but the increased gas mileage is already nice...I averaged 33mpg on the drive back from the dealership.

I'll definitely miss the 5.0, that car was a load of fun, but family first...I'll get another someday.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
Sorry for the lack of pics...I have a feeling people are looking for them. I got the car, then got home after dark, and it's raining today. I'm hoping to take some pictures tomorrow...I'll post them after I snap them. I love the color, reminds me of sonic blue.

And for those wondering, it's an ST3 with a moonroof.

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
It's hard to get a good shot of the color on this thing. After the weather gets better, I'll clean it up and go play with the polarizer to see if I can get a nice shot of the blue.

Pics:
focus2_zpse899d223.jpg

focus1_zpsf5f97211.jpg

focus3_zps94d6bf52.jpg

focus4_zpscd7aba4b.jpg

focus9_zpsbeedef84.jpg

focus5_zps505c073a.jpg

Inside:
focus7_zps6bcca836.jpg

focus6_zps2a6bd9af.jpg

focus8_zps80cf3473.jpg

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
To answer your question...I haven't had a chance to really push the car yet, but so far, it handles great. I know the mustang was faster around a corner, but this car FEELS faster. It doesn't drive like any FWD car I've ever driven before...it really dives into a turn like nobodies business. The first time I took a sharp 90 when I was test driving one it surprised the crap out of me. I didn't expect the car to turn in like it did...I took that corner a little fast on purpose to see if the car had a bunch of push, and as most folks probably know now from all the videos..it doesn't. I didn't feel the inboard brake engage like all the reviewers claim, but I'm no pro and I wasn't feeling for it either. I'm pretty sure I'll take this thing around an auto-x track at a minimum, and I may very well give it a go at summit point this summer too.

I can't stress enough how much I absolutely love the steering in this thing, even though it took me a few minutes to get used to it. I think I'll always miss having the 5.0, but for a daily, I'm thinking this car will be really tough to beat. It's fun as hell to drive, gets good gas mileage (if you stay out of boost) and has enough room to haul kids, friends and a load of crap in the back.

Last edited:

2004Droptop

Established Member
I think you might be pleasantly surprised how much you can really "push" it a corner. I think it is an awesome little car... N-joy the ride! FYI, Bushur racing makes a nice drop in for it, like a K&N but with an open end and the best part is...only 55$!

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
I think you might be pleasantly surprised how much you can really "push" it a corner. I think it is an awesome little car... N-joy the ride! FYI, Bushur racing makes a nice drop in for it, like a K&N but with an open end and the best part is...only 55$!

I'll find out in the spring. Definitely auto crossing this one. They hold events about 15 minutes from my house, so I'm gonna give it a go.

Thanks

Get it tuned.

a 40 wheel torque increase might make you not miss the 5.0 anymore.

I dunno, maybe...still it's not quite the same. We'll see though, a tune is something I'm looking into. Waiting on Cobb at the moment..I really like the way the exhaust setup from them sounds, and they have a whole "stage 2" kit that looks promising. I'll probably give it a bit of time though, make sure people aren't popping engines in the middle of summer with the A/C blasting. This thing is my daily, so I'd prefer to make sure it stays reliable...

FISHTAIL

Will Work For Mods
Established Member
youre willing to kill the warranty on it already for a tune??

Not real worried about it. Warrenty or no warrenty doesn't make a difference, if the tune blows the motor, it blows the motor. Your out the cash either way. I'm going to wait a while and see how the cars hold up that have tunes over the summer though, see how stuff does in 90+ weather with the A/C blasting.

Looks great in that color

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread