pics of my rear seat delete.

1loudGT

Established Member
I was looking at getting a rear seat delete. I couldnt see spending upwards of 120 dollars. SO i set out on a mission. I went to lowes and bought 1 sheet of 1/4 inch plywood for 10 dollars. then i went to walmart and bought 2 rolls of replacement carpet both for 14 dollars and a can of elmers spray on glue for 4 dollars. so 28 dollars and I made my own. here is some pics.

Pic of the cardboard pattern in place. I made all the modifications to the cardboard.
pic3.jpg

this pic is with the plywood in place after being cut with a Jigsaw

pic2.jpg

this is the completed image.

pic1.jpg

sorry for the poor picture quality. these pics were taken with my camera phone. Let me know what you think.

James

1loudGT

Established Member
Originally posted by fordracerguy
What is the point? Is it really that much lighter?

I really didnt do it for weight reasons. My car originally had grey cloth interior all around. I bought some 2000 GT black leather front seats. I figured it would look retarded with black leather front seats and grey cloth back seats so I ripped out my backseats. I got tired of it looking all trashy back there with out any of my trunk carpet so thats why i decided to make the rear seat delete. Like i said before i would be damned if i paid 120+ dollars for 2 pieces of fibre board when i can do it myself.

Users who are viewing this thread