Pics & Vids of my 95 SHO - and my dads 600hp Monte Carlo

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Ya then you notice that after Ford started assembling their own engines down in Atlanta you now have a ton of 96-99 owners with broken camshafts from 30K-100K on their vehicle. Way to go Ford..
Kept my first 2 SHO's to 200K each then sold them off when they were still running great. Now have a 95ATX and I liked it more then my 2K GTP I had for a few years.
I'm sure I always have a SHO in the family but never a 96+. I didn't like the body either.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
The beauty of the SHO is the engine and not the fact you need to take the intake off to change the spark plugs :)
And to really appriciate the SHO you need to look at what is was for the time. from the late 80's and onward tot he mid 90's you didn't have front wheel drive vehicles like this pushing 220HP. Even the mustang at back in 94 only had 215hp when the sho had 220hp. (Ya you like that) The major downfall to the sho is the fact your still in a taurus body. Engien and trans might last forever but the body definitly won't.

Not to mention back in 87-88 when the first proto's came over from japan they were pushing 300HP out of a 3.0 V6 which at the time was insaine for any type of vehicle. Or engine for that matter.

Last edited:

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Originally posted by outlaw163
whats so special about em there not that fast
And what makes your car so special? the SVT Badge? 93's cobras aint that fast buddy, Shall i take out the Video of a Blue 93 SHO Putting the smackdown on a Red 93 cobra for you?
....Not Knocking on SVT's man, Just think before you say somthing so Ignorant.

Last edited:

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Ignorance is definitely a key word when talking about the SHO. Hell half the ford dealerships in Michigan never knew what the heck the thing was. The rather funny and countless reports of Ford Dealerships not adhering to Warranties because they thought the owners had dumped in aftermarket engines. Then leave Michigan to go down south a most had never seen one or heard about it. Most sho's sold where only in Michigan, Georgia, Ohio, California, Wisconsin, and Illinois. Mostly around the great lakes area. While between 89-95 only about 148K SHO's were made and sold. So it was definitely a limited production item. While I do love the SHO, working on this thing is a nightmare in any aspect.

sho taurus 95

It's Never Fast Enough
Established Member
i've beat lots of 5.0 mustangs in my days with my sho.i also have a 89 lx 5.0 with vortech s trim..actually i've had 3 5.0's.and my sho is faster,rides better and handles better than all 3 i have had in past.stock vs stock.but after market parts and maintence cost alot more for the sho.but i guess u get what u paid for.don't get me wrong i love my mustang and super coupe too

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Originally posted by stang99svt
Ignorance is definitely a key word when talking about the SHO. Hell half the ford dealerships in Michigan never knew what the heck the thing was. The rather funny and countless reports of Ford Dealerships not adhering to Warranties because they thought the owners had dumped in aftermarket engines. Then leave Michigan to go down south a most had never seen one or heard about it. Most sho's sold where only in Michigan, Georgia, Ohio, California, Wisconsin, and Illinois. Mostly around the great lakes area. While between 89-95 only about 148K SHO's were made and sold. So it was definitely a limited production item. While I do love the SHO, working on this thing is a nightmare in any aspect.
Honestly, I Dont think so, Ive seen harder to work on. I Am just begining to learn the basics of working on a Car and i have seen nothing to difficult. The problem seems to be Parts Availability. But compared to your standard Push Rod 5.0, Its like working on the spaceshuttle.....But in itself...its not all that bad.

stang99svt

Enter something here
Established Member
Hey i would take basic maintence work on a fox body then a SHO. I've worke don many fox bodies in the past and nothing was worse then replaceing all the bushings on the SHO this summer. It was just a nightmare. But I agree with you on finding aprts for the vehicle it is becoming ever increasingly harder to find good parts. Hell took me months to find Plug well gaskets for teh engine. And as bad as I needed them I wasn't going to pay the local Ford dealership like 200.00 for 6 of them. I eventally and recently just found some slightly used ones for 25.00

SHOspazz92

Established Member
Originally posted by stang99svt
Hey i would take basic maintence work on a fox body then a SHO. I've worke don many fox bodies in the past and nothing was worse then replaceing all the bushings on the SHO this summer. It was just a nightmare. But I agree with you on finding aprts for the vehicle it is becoming ever increasingly harder to find good parts. Hell took me months to find Plug well gaskets for teh engine. And as bad as I needed them I wasn't going to pay the local Ford dealership like 200.00 for 6 of them. I eventally and recently just found some slightly used ones for 25.00
Maybe you mis understood me, i was saying that compared to the Fox body Pushrod motors, Working on the SHO is like working on the spaceshuttle...but in its own its not too bad. Are you on the SHOforum? If not i very strongly suggest your register there. Many SHO Vendors are registered there and the PLace is AWSOME for any help you need for the SHO....
SHOforum.com

Last edited:

yamahaSHO

Established Member
Thanks for the comments guys.... I love the car and have lots to do to it, but with location (I am in Denver, the car is in Phoenix) I have no time to install it all. When I get time to go down there, I will finish it up and bring up to Denver for some major power loss due to altitude :(

Users who are viewing this thread