PIH......

Badasp5.0

Established Member
I keep hearing about the PIH, how many of you have it? Does it make a big difference? I am currently waiting to put in a B cam and rebuild my tranny but after I was thinking about the PIH, I figured I would do my Homework on it before picking one up :read: ........
Any +/- would be greatly appreciated.......

Thanks

Badasp5.0

Established Member
Performance Inhancement Harness I think it stands for.....
I't allows a '94-'95 to run a '93 and before A9L (5.0 GT/LX 5 Speed) computer, the Timing and other stuff is supposed to be better on the '93 and before computers. I dont know what gains it give's hence the thread....:burnout:

Last edited:

cobra331

Established Member
PIH

It's the Performance Improvement Harness made by Pro-M. The 94-95 computers take timing out every time you shift, in order to save the weak T-5 tranny. This of course hurts performance. Cobra owners have it worse because the computer also has a power limiter above 93 mph. (can't remember if this also takes out more timing or adds more fuel) This of course hurts trap speed in the quarter. Getting the PIH eliminates this and is double beneficial when used with an A9L code computer. VERY expensive though and you could eliminate all of these problems and get a better tune with a custom chip burned with your car on the dyno for about the same costs. I got a PIH because I don't want to burn a new chip every time I do something new to my car. Anyway, that about sums it up!! :-D

Users who are viewing this thread