Pillar Pods

rpurdy3523

Established Member
Open for opinions...
Which looks the best, 2 1/16 or 2 5/8? Which pods fit the best and which are the best made? (Autometer, Lo Tek, etc.) Anyone have good pics of the install? Dual pods or Triple Pods? Which gauges did you use? (Boost, intake temp, oil pressure, etc)??? How hard is the install to do and make it look good?

FlaSVT, I know you have done this cause I have read some of your posts. All expense paid weekend in Savannah, GA if you want to come up and help with the install...:D

Thanks in advance for Pics, advice, and opinions. :ud:

FlaSVT

Moderator - 2nd Gen Forum
Established Member
Originally posted by rpurdy3523
Open for opinions...
Which looks the best, 2 1/16 or 2 5/8? Which pods fit the best and which are the best made? (Autometer, Lo Tek, etc.) Anyone have good pics of the install? Dual pods or Triple Pods? Which gauges did you use? (Boost, intake temp, oil pressure, etc)??? How hard is the install to do and make it look good?

FlaSVT, I know you have done this cause I have read some of your posts. All expense paid weekend in Savannah, GA if you want to come up and help with the install...:D

Thanks in advance for Pics, advice, and opinions. :ud:

Seems like most have gone with the 2-1/16 gauges. Which ones are the best made and fit the best is a tough call. The original 2 hole Lotek pods looked ok but didn't fit worth a darn. Their newer 3 hole piece is supposed to be much better in the fit department but from what I hear you still have to add some padding at the top, behind the headliner, to make is look like it should. The Autometer pods look ok but the do look like an add-on. They do have a newer one that covers the original stock pillar and it has three holes. The Autometer pillar doesn't come painted. The Lotek comes either painted or not and the painted one costs more.

Since I have the two hole version I went with the A/F meter and the boost gauge. If I had a three hole I'd probably go with a temp gauge or maybe a volt meter. I also need to figure out how to get a fuel pressure gauge in there some where.

These things aren't that hard to install and make look good (JMHO). You just need to take your time and have it all figured out before you start. Just think everything through before hand and it will come out fine.

Here's some that Flastman has installed in his F150

gauge_lites.jpg

Here's one of the Lotek pillars

fe6dfce9jpgorig-or.jpg

So when you planning to do the install? :D:D

FlaSVT

Established Member
Re: The pod looks ok.....

Originally posted by xjmd44
And the speedo even looks mo-betta!!:idea: Does the pod ever seem to hinder your vision at all?

I've never noticed a vision problem with mine.

MXRacer

Established Member
I have the 3 gauge Autometer pod, and personally, it does get in the way from time to time, like when bearing left around a turn or at some stop signs...but its still well worth it, if not for any actual speed- for the look of speed. And i'd say that the autometer phantom 2 1/16's are the way to go. You can hook them up to your factory fade knob, which is way trick at night.

later...

garrett

FlaSVT

Established Member
MXRacer - you mean we are supposed to go around corners in these things? I thought they were for straight line use only, 1/4 mile at a time. :D:D:D

Users who are viewing this thread