Piston Slap

mattz03svt

Just a normal poster
Established Member
Just wondering what the noise is. I just bought a 2003 Cobra and I hear soething that sounds like piston slap coming from under the car. Just wondering if anyone else has heard that noise when they start up thier car. The engine was cold and I was checking air pressure and I heard a light tapping. The noise seems to be louder under the car. I bought the 2003 Cobra brand new and it only has 600 miles on it( most of them easy freeway miles). Just wondering if the noise is normal and if anyone else heard it? I had a 2000 GT and Piston slap was common. I just thought with all the forged crank, rods and pistons there would be no noise. Any input?

SVTHorsnake

Banned
Originally posted by mattz2000gt
Just wondering what the noise is. I just bought a 2003 Cobra and I hear soething that sounds like piston slap coming from under the car. Just wondering if anyone else has heard that noise when they start up thier car. The engine was cold and I was checking air pressure and I heard a light tapping. The noise seems to be louder under the car. I bought the 2003 Cobra brand new and it only has 600 miles on it( most of them easy freeway miles). Just wondering if the noise is normal and if anyone else heard it? I had a 2000 GT and Piston slap was common. I just thought with all the forged crank, rods and pistons there would be no noise. Any input?

Sorry to break it to ya but that same thing happened to mine the day after EXTREMELY hard driving... mine went away when it was warm and within 3 months it was totally gone... let it settle in.

Good Luck:beer:

PS Take it in under warranty and write down the milleage

Users who are viewing this thread