plastic clip unit on clutch cable?

wuplash

Established Member
for the people who have done a firewall adjuster.how did you end up getting the plastic clip unit off that the clutch cable goes thru into the firewall.you can't pull the clutch cable thru it as the end tip that attaches to the quadrant is bigger than the hole on the plastic clip unit.the only way i see getting it off is cutting it off with a powertool,if there is another way i'am all ears.

Dana

Bluesmobile
Established Member
I used a hacksaw and cut it parallel to the cable, just in case I needed it again. And I did.
With a fairly sharp blade, it cuts easily. It's all plastic.
Save it. You MAY need it to take up space in the cable travel someday.

Dana

wuplash

Established Member
thks guys.i did not think of using a hacksaw blade great idea dana,i do have a dremel but it's electric which serves me no purpose as i'am doing this where my car is stored for winter a.k.a.no electical outlet available.i might look around for a dremel that can be plugged into my cig lighter later on:)

wuplash

Established Member
Originally posted by unit213
I used a dremel. I just hacked the crap out of it until it came off.

yes i know what you mean because mine now looks like something out of a clint eastwood movie all wounded up and on life support:-D good thing i won't need this again after i get my upr unit on:)

trey193

Established Member
Jim I am thinking Broke7 and I used a big set of side cuts and cut it all to hell!!:)

wuplash

Established Member
good news i got the plastic clip unit off :) then i finally finished up my install of the upr extreme quadrant and firewall adjuster.i have mine on the middle hook and i have what looks to be 3/4" from the turn knob part of the adjuster to the jam nut is this about normal as my clutch is very stiff up top and it feels like it releases about 3/4 -1" before the top.any input is appreciated

Users who are viewing this thread