Poll: Does your car have a "tick"?

jweems10

Established Member
Take it back to the dealer while still under warranty.

Fords first couple of attempts to fix the problem on others cars has been less than stellar(ask cids and venum)...for some they have added diff things to the oil that have caused more issues :shrug: i guess i should take it to the dealer to get it documented but i am not letting them put rear end gear oil in my engine and i just wanted to know how widespread the issue is.

Sir Nate 3000

Silver Stallion
Established Member
yes, getting it documented is a must. but don't deny them to work on it, that will be documented too. once ford figure out what is causing the problem it will be taken care of.

csledd

DSG!!
Established Member
No tick in mine, 2100 miles built on 7/29. I have been paying close attention while in any drive throughs for it

jweems10

Established Member
i have had my car at the dealer twice now for this. first they tried putting rear end gear oil in my motor.:shrug: the second time they replaced all my lash adjuster(lifters) on my left bank. i dont think ford has any clue as to what is wrong with my car.

in case you were wondering what the tick sounds like

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jB-F409uegg"]YouTube - 2011 Mustang GT 5.0 engine tick[/nomedia]

if you have the tick that is in the video above(remember mine was not nearly as loud as it is in the video until after an oil change) please take your car into the dealer and at least have them document it. also call ford customer service directly 800-392-3673 and have them document you are having an issue as well. the sooner everyone starts complaining the sooner they will come up with a fix and issue a tsb/recall. thx in advance.:thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread