Pony projector lights! No warranty on them???

shadowstang03gt

Established Member
Ford corporate has gotten anal about warranty repairs on these new cars. It was rediculous what the service person had to do just to get my rear view mirror authorized by Ford corporate for a replacement. He had to take like 10 pics of my mirror and front windshield and overall car and that still wasn't good enough. Had to take the car back up there for more pics because corporate didn't like the first set.

Its everything anymore. Its unreal. But its years of mechanics just guessing and replacing parts. I know they had to tighten the string. But they are way over the top now.

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
I have them and love them and everyone who has seen them loves them. My first pair were defective they got all jacked up within a month or two owning the car they would show a splatter not a horse. Brought it to dealership and he ordered new ones and took them 10 secs to replace they pop out. And they were fixed under warranty. New ones have been fine

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

mine looks like splatter too, they told me the mirror had to be taken apart :/

skulls

Established Member
Ford corporate has gotten anal about warranty repairs on these new cars. It was rediculous what the service person had to do just to get my rear view mirror authorized by Ford corporate for a replacement. He had to take like 10 pics of my mirror and front windshield and overall car and that still wasn't good enough. Had to take the car back up there for more pics because corporate didn't like the first set.

I think its a dealership thing...the dealer is not clearing every repair with someone at corporate...there is more then meets the eye on this.

As for the OP, like others have said it warrenty...anything that came on that car from the factory is warrentied...id go to another dealer...if you raise hell, who knows how they will treat your car.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

ViciousJay

Established Member

and this is why im looking at cobra's again

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Ill be taking it in on Saturday but here is a pic of it..... the brown stuff in the middle is dog shit...coincidentally just what the lights look like

photo19cx.jpg

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Just a little update, I took my vehicle in to get the projectors looked at. The service advisor tells me I have no freaking appointment even though i was there in person to set it up last week. The appointment time was at 8:00am bc I had other prior engagements for the afternoon. Then I remembered he wrote my info on a sheet of paper and didnt actually type it in the computer. A different advisor told me it they would need the car from 0800-1PM??? I understand they need a time block to work on the car but 5 hours for lights?This is a very large dealership that has 20+stalls in the service bay.
I had to decline leaving it bc I needed it back by noon which is why I grabbed the first appt time.....

So at this point Im furious...of course these pieces of work dont give a shit bc its not them and doesnt effect them at all.

Now remember this is after last week when this guy tried telling me the projectors being defective wasnt covered under warranty......:mj:

Is there any effective complaint system or just accept the piss poor service?
I took their names for reference bc I was gonna bitch to the service manager on monday when he comes back.

The dealership in question....

Lakewood Ford
11503 Pacific Hwy SW, Lakewood, WA
(888) 533-7085 ‎

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
Finally had them replaced....talked to service manager. I asked to speak with dealer owner. The service manager called me then ordered the parts without even looking at it. I finally got a chance to have it taken in.

ponyprojector2.jpg

Coyote'13

"He gone"
Established Member
what??? Those things are HORRIBLE and embarrassing. It's the perfect example of Domestic RICE

Says the guy that did a gt500 front end swap. The aero benefits must of been great... And no I'm not saying a gt500 anything is ricer.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread