"Pop" at idle.

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
I've had my car running for sometime now(was apart w/o the drivetrain when purchased), and I noticed that, when at idle, the car seems to "pop". Sort of like a misfire, but the motor runs extremely smooth. It goes away as I increase RPM, but comes back at 1500 RPMs and then disappears from there on up. The car has some aftermarket parts on it. A CAI(make unknown), 2.93 upper, "6 lb" lower, catted x, and SLP Loudmouth, and TR6 plugs. All the coils are brand new Ford and the car has no codes. Any ideas? Is it possibly "normal"? thanks,

-jimmy

Venimus03

Established Member
It is probably the TR6 plugs. I know that some people have had problems with a rough idle with the plugs installed. What do you have them gapped at? Maybe you might want to try a different set of plugs?

HKB

Established Member
I have the NGK TR6 plugs gapped at 34 for the past 17,000 miles and have never had any idle or drivability issues !

Brad

Banned
Same thing on mine, just a little pop here and there at idle, all my friends 03's do it too. I'm gapped at 35

DOHC Holliday

robot clean
Established Member
Thanks guys. I suppose it's nothing to be concerned w/ right now. I'll check the gap next time I have it at work. :beer:

Users who are viewing this thread