Porting your stock heads? Aftermarket future for 03/04s?

paluka21

Established Member
With all the talk of porting the blowers, throttle bodies, and increasing air flow, I am surprised I don't hear of anyone getting their stock heads worked. Valve jobs, blended bowls, full runner porting on the exhaust side, gasket matching etc. I know with many other cars, a good port job will really wake a car up, especially on the cylinder heads.
Im also wondering what the future may look like for these cars, and the aftermarket. For my 5.0L there are so many choices in heads, intakes, etc, Im just wondering if there will ever be an aftermarket for heads w/ these cars? They are new compared to the 5.0's, so I am wondering what the aftermarket will be 3-5 years down the road?

Dan

JRS BLOWN SNAKE

Proud MACA Member
Established Member
It's beig done, I had Sean Hyland port my stock heads to stage 2 and installed blower cams, along with titanium valves. Like any thing, it takes a little while before new stuff comes out. The 5.0 H.O. has been out since 1979. Other companies are in it also, just takes some research, or check out magazines.

lRageATMl

GO TERPS!
Established Member
I have a stage 1 port and cams from LM engines. It is being done, just by very few people.

The only reason I did mine was becasue my car was already apart.

Users who are viewing this thread