Possible trade: 2 for one

valleyboyz1

Established Member
I might be crazy but I am thinking about trading my 2003 Cobra convertible, dark shadow, 14100 miles. Can be sold with mods or stock. Mods include ported blower (also have original stock one), Accufab plenum and throttle body, JLT cold air intake (painted to match), SCT II, steeda IRS brace and rear strut tower brace, bbk off road h pipe, magnaflow cat back (hand polished axle back), factory machined wheels, pair of machined 10.5's with 315/35r17 Mickey Thompson ET Streets, hurst short throw, and a set of chrome 03's 17x9/10.5's with 275/40 & 315/35 BFGoodrich GForce KD's. I bought this car 3 1/2 years ago with 9700 miles. Dynod at Brenspeed before ported blower and plenum throttle body at 443/466.
Other car is my 1991 LX, red on red, hatchback. 5 speed, hurst short throw, 99,000 miles, 3.73's, aluminum drive shaft, 1.7 roller rockers, e303 cam, gt-40 cast irons, 24 pound injectors, cobra intake, 75mm mass air, 70mm throttle body, msd 6al, 3 core aluminum radiator, electric fan, 100hp shot of NOS, full throttle kit with switch panel in ashtray. Bbk long tubes, off road hpipe, flowmaster cat back, eibach lowering springs with new shocks and struts, 17x9 chrome cobra r's all the way around with 255/40 BFGoodrich GForce kdw's (flame tread) and 275/40 Mickey Thompson ET Streets. I bought this car from the original owner in 95 and built it at 43000 miles. Car dynod 277 rwhp at Brenspeed off the bottle. Windows were just retinted, original owner had them tinted at new. Both cars are extremely clean.
I am at meeting in Florida but can respond to emails. I have some pics on phone but not many.
Would be interested in clean low mileage GT500 convertibles only. Silvers preferred but will entertain all colors.
Email at [email protected]
Both cars are extremely clean.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
those cars are worth maybe 25,000 together. i just looked at a anniversay edition 03 with 41000 miles and the bank will only loan 17,500 on it. no way in hell you are going to get someone to trade you. the 03 - 04 are just not worth all the money everyone is wanting to ask for them. dont get me wrong i love them to death and want to get into another one but they are not holding their value in a bank loan at all. you need a big boy blower or turbo to get someone to pay that extra money. and even then you are losing out.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
Ok the title makes ya think otherwise. Not dogging on ya at all man I am sure they are both nice vehicles was just saying what my experience with a bank was yesterday.

xenodragon

Established Member
those cars are worth maybe 25,000 together. i just looked at a anniversay edition 03 with 41000 miles and the bank will only loan 17,500 on it. no way in hell you are going to get someone to trade you. the 03 - 04 are just not worth all the money everyone is wanting to ask for them. dont get me wrong i love them to death and want to get into another one but they are not holding their value in a bank loan at all. you need a big boy blower or turbo to get someone to pay that extra money. and even then you are losing out.

People are still buying them for $22k+ so they are still worth what somebody will pay for them. A friend just sold his with 30k miles making 500/500 for 23k.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
That's awesome that people are getting that and i am willing to pay that for a car with a twinscrew, but it just sucks horribly that they only book for x and unless you got cash laying around they won't sell for anything more. Just like the Shelby I have if I was to trade it in the dealerships want to put it in my pooper at 40k lol. Then turn around and sell it at 50k 5 min later

Last edited:

BlownMachNJ

Established Member
The Best part about this thread is that in another thread (3.4 whipple, brilliant silver w/ black stripes 2010 GT500 loaded w/all options & mods) heffs03mach1 says "and keep the ( well I can get it for x comments out of the thread)" yet comes on this thread and tells valleyboyz1 what he can get for his 2 cars.

I guess the saying "Whats good for the goose is good for the gander" does not apply here.

valleyboyz1

Established Member
I appreciate everyones comments but if you want to dog on a price that I never stated do it through private message. Lets face it we all probably want alot for our cars and everyone we have is rare. Some are rarer than others and some are special to us. My advantage is I have a common car and a rare car which are paid for a free and clear. I don't drive either very often and if someone wants one or both they are for sale and I can be contacted to talk about price.
Thanks to BlownMachNJ and xenodragon for your comments.

heffs03mach1

COME WITH IT YA SALLY'S
Established Member
your absolutely correct! i wish i could work a deal on these cars myself. sorry it came out that way was thinking of how to work a deal on this but then i thought how in the hell can a person expect those two cars which i am sure are nice be worth a newer gt500. maybe a 07 with 30-40k miles on it or so but anyhow i am rambling and apoligize it came off that way.

Users who are viewing this thread