Post your 2.9L Whipple GT500 Numbers

jiu-jitsu99

Established Member
Stock lower?

I'm amazed at how much these numbers vary from car to car, I know different dynos read differently but I had no idea it was that much lol. I'm wondering if I went too big with my throttle body, if that's possible.

stock lower. I had a single tb from whipple. The car did not like it very much. went to a smaller TB and love it.

dirtyo2000

DirtyO2000
Established Member
Arise thread. Actually there might be small bits of missing information. Some like myself have LT headers and no cats. Others may have factory exhaust or just ORX. Some are using under drive lowers. That would account to for the large discrepancy in numbers. Normally when you see the HP/TQ on a whipple with close numbers they're running an under drive lower. Plus timing can play a difference and boost levels. Without AFR, Timing, Altitude , Humidity , it's just numbers and can't really be compared lol. Just food for thought but tuning has a lot to do with it. Some tuners are more comfortable running a customers car on the ragged edge to make them look good and others will not cross that line unless you tell them I don't care if it blows TURN IT UP

TORQJNKY

2013 GT500, 2.9L Whipple, SCJ Wide Oval, JLT 127MM Intake, ID 1000's, COMP BAP, JDM Cams, SW LT's, stock bottom end.

Dyno Jet (SAE Corrected)
* 93 Octane - 795/670 (17psi/18deg timing)
* E85 - 850/720 (17psi/21deg timing)

I needed a 10% lower and 3.0 upper to achieve 17psi because of cams and LT's.

The motor was recent fully built; Diamond Pistons, Manley Pro Billet I-Beams, ported heads/intake return fuel system etc... and is going back in the car soon. Adding a 15% lower and 2.7 upper this time around and will let her eat!

Users who are viewing this thread