Predator Dyno on car no pulley's 425RWHP

svtfc3swrx

Established Member
Well, I got the predator and installed the performance tune. Noticed some pickup down low but the top end didn't feel exactly right. I moved the timing in the table to about 2/3 advanced. When I did that the timing was about 28deg from 4000 RPM all the way to red line.

We ran the first run with the tune the way I had been driving it around town. The first run netted 405RWHP. The Dyno plot got flat after 5500RPM to redline. We then added fuel (as much as possible) and re ran the car. The curves were identical except on the top end where it was flat we had a nice curve. The second run put down 425rwhp.

We reran the car and took out as much timing as the predator would let us and re ran the car. On the top end power was down to 420rwhp. The last run was 25 degrees advanced. The guy running the dyno thought the first run was flat because the ECU was pulling timing because of det.

We were up late last night and could never get the timing pickup for the dyno connected. So we couldn't calculate torque.

What's wierd is that the A/F ratio on the top end really didn't change much at all. When I added more fuel it affected the mid RPM more than the top. I think we saw a 11.8 vs 11.9 change on the top.

My mods:

Bassani X-Pipe, Magnaflow CatBack, Amazon Intake, Diablo Predator.

Last edited:

APTEN

Apten Performance
Established Member
25 is still too much, but WAY better than 28.

There are no knock sensors on the 03's. What you probably saw was the effects of pre-detonation.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
thats weird because when i adjusted my air/fuel 5% leaner it made a huge jump. check out the difference b/n the green line (unchange predator performance tune) and the blue line (leaned 5%).
attachment.php

svtfc3swrx

Established Member
hmmm

Originally posted by fiorefiveoh
thats weird because when i adjusted my air/fuel 5% leaner it made a huge jump. check out the difference b/n the green line (unchange predator performance tune) and the blue line (leaned 5%).
attachment.php

I'll get my dyno scanned a little later and post it. Your curve is almost identical to mine. The only difference is that after 4000 your curve starts to lean a little, mine is almost a straight line.

What is the power pipe? Is that basically a filter? Also Some of this could be attributed to x-pipe vs H-pipe?

I will make some more runs later on the first part of next week. My buddy owns the dyno and he's real interested in the Cobra now. his statement: "Damn, now I have to get a Cobra" They do MR2's mostly.

He couldn't believe how much power and smooth the car is. I have a 2.8" pulley on the way.

25 is too much? at 8psi I'm not sure I agree. Now at 12 and above I don't think you would want to go past 23. But I more inline with the idea to run more fuel and more timing instead of the other way around.

fiorefiveoh

Established Member
the power pipe is a 4" Jet hot coated pipe going from the throttle body and locates the MAF and Filter in the fenderwell. the front of the air filter sits right on top of the fender liner. just like an anderson power pipe for a centrifugal blower. let me see if i can fish some pictures up.

Users who are viewing this thread